1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is gonna sound kinda odd (I think), but I need a TV that can input HD through component and output 480p through Component

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kenio8185, Mar 27, 2011.

1. kenio8185

kenio8185 Regular member

I need something like this for my HD PVR. Basically, in order to output HD to the PVR, I need to change the PS3/XBOX 360 settings to go to 1080i (or 720p) resolution. If I do that with my current tv, it just goes into static. I'm pretty sure it's ok if the tv itself converts it to 480p though, as long as the console thinks it's outputting 1080i (or 720p) and then the tv displays the picture in 480p. If I can get a tv that can do that, then I can get HD from my PVR.

The screen needs to be able to have component (that's the red green blue one right?) in and out.

OR

If anyone knows of such a device. But something that can take in HD then output SD to my current TV. Hopefully nothing too expensive.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

im using a set top box on my tv(costs about $60).HD channels come out in standard definition on my tv.my brothers ps3 worked on the tv but it wasnt high definition (i kinda got given my brothers old tv).ON the ps3/xbox 360 there should be a setting to change from hd to standard definition use that.the cables we use are red(sound),white(sound),yellow(video) (im in australia)but ive seen imported electrical goods using red,green,blue cables.

3. kenio8185

kenio8185 Regular member

Can you give me the make and model of your set top box, I might give that a try.

I can't change the settings on the 360 for recording purposes. I want to record in 1080i through my HD PVR. However, if I change the settings on the 360 to go lower then that, then it will record lower then that. So since my tv can't handle an HD signal, I need a device that will lower it but still allow my 360 to think that it's putting out a 1080i signal.

Would this device work?
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ypbpr-...posite-and-s-video-scale-down-converter-22844

Or, this one (converting it to HDMI works as well, but I don't prefer it).
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/hdmi-to-component-video-audio-av-cable-13188

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

the set top box i got is same as this only earlier model

the hdmi-component cable might be alright its cheap so if it doesnt work properly no great lose.not sure about the other one.