1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is how i softmodded my xbox [a guide]

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Ca$h, Aug 6, 2005.

1. tumeg

tumeg Member

Ca$h, Will i be able to play live with my xbox soft modded?

2. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

While your xbox is softmodded no, you will have to unintstall the softmod if you want to play live

3. tumeg

tumeg Member

Thanks for your help Ca$h, i guess i won't soft mod my xbox then if i can't play live. But i still can't understand how some people just seem to have the advantage over me on ghost recon and island thunder after playing it for over three years and i'm a pretty good player. If you saw the things they are doing you would swear they were modded. Is there any other way to get an edge and still be able to play live? If there is please point me in the right direction. Also i whitnessed a guy come on once who had beefed up body armor, unlimited amo, and he could make it snow and also make it rain.

4. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

Haha...
    Well there is a such thing as a "firmware hack". It is where you change the firmware on the xbox dvd drive so you can play backup games... It is a really long process... I don't know too much about it soo you are going to have to look somewhere else. Also it is detectable by live, but i am not sure if they are banning firmware hackers ( i heard they started too ban a few but that was a couple months ago) If they ban you your xbox will probally be forever banned from xbox live, so the risk is up too you. I wouldn't do it because it is detectable.

5. tumeg

tumeg Member

Thanks again Ca$h for your time and have a great thanks giving.

6. moocher6

moocher6 Guest

hey i have a problem with my AR memory card. i have downloaded the Krayzie Uxe Installer but my AR card will not let me put it onto it. It says it is an invavlid game save, this is hellsa fustration, also my memory card for AR is having less room than it should, i tried to put a 5 mb file in and it said there wasnt enough room, when it is a 8mb memory card, and i deleted everything off of it. Do you have any idea what is going on?

7. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

No i do not... The zip should be a valid gamesave...
    Umm, i have heard a lot of people saying that this softmod file won't fit on their mem card and i can't think of a way to make it fit... You could try using a usb stick instead. People have talked about it in this thread...

8. c4s4n0v4

c4s4n0v4 Guest

i used your xbins meth and on the last step on my flashfxp it dose not bring those files up anymore could you tell me how to finish xbins. please!!!it only brings up 2 files xbox and xbox 360

9. Nerve5

Nerve5 Member

Great Job Ca$H!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  10. JVCRush

JVCRush Guest

Help Question? ... I have gone by the instructions that I have found here with both MA and SC and both get a green frag screen with 21 at the top right after I try to run Linux ... what am I doing wrong ... ??? ... I have a v1.6

11. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

I wonder if it is because you have a 1.6...
    Try other sofmtod installers like SID which is really good...

12. shark3226

shark3226 Guest

nice tut helpd som of my firends out

13. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

Thanks

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Nerve5, edit that link out of your sig as against forum rules
    1. Advertising via forum messages is strictly prohibited. If you need to advertise your products on our site, contact us via the feedback form and we will negotiate an advertising contract with you/your company.
    3. Providing affilate tagged links to products or services is not allowed.

15. gtrsde

gtrsde Member

every time i try load the linux file it goes into black screen on splinter cell and crashes can some1 tell what im doing wrong

16. MaNtRiD

MaNtRiD Member

Can someone help answer a question? I got my xbox soft modded from a local guy. Everything is great but my question is, is it possible for me to revert back to the original xbox software? So i could go to xbox live. Thanks.

17. Solja101

Solja101 Member

hey how do you hook up your xbox to your comp and use the flash fxp
    software to send the modulator to your xbox sorry im new to this if anyone can plz help where do i start from step one idk anything about doing this

18. ndrgrnddv

ndrgrnddv Guest

hey bud would it b the same as ma for halo

19. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

gtrsde
    Are u sure u are using a unpatched version of the game?

Solja101
    You hook it up through a cross over cable, or the internet with a Ethernet cable/router.

20. shadow84

shadow84 Member

dose any one know how to make non hosting mods for halo 2
    i know how to make regular hosting mods i wana know how to make non hosting mods so i can mod on xbc with out being a host
    please help????