1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is how i softmodded my xbox [a guide]

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Ca$h, Aug 6, 2005.

1. BJet1

BJet1 Guest

what do you mean "back up your eeprom"?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2005
  2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Saving it to a floppy because without your EEPROM...problems with your hard drive/xbox later, you may not be able to fix them and rename your system hopeless. Just save it to a floppy disc and you're good.

3. BJet1

BJet1 Guest

u mean download the fxp and do a ftp so i can save it to a floppy

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Yes, or any other FTP program would work fine (i.e. Cute FTP) it's free unlike Flash FXP.

5. BJet1

BJet1 Guest

OMFGZZZ!!!! my action replay memory card is 8mb which should be 498 like when i put it in m xbox but when i put it in the compputer its only 494 and that krayzie file is 496!!!!!whats goin on???? how do i get that 4 blocks bac????------- i just found the same file but it was smalller somehow im still not sure bout why the memory shrank in my card but the problem has been resolved for now---- and where do i go in flash fxp to find the eeprom thing to save???

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2005
  6. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

i hav a converter that goes directly from the back of a controller (expansion slot) that has a usb port on the end. i downloaded all the gamesaves to a usb key and put it in the converter. everytime i try to load the gamesaves to an unmodded xbox (for splinter cell), before i can see the gamesaves in the expansion pak, the xbox reformats the usb key and i lose all the gamesaves. can any1 help???

7. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

to use splinter cell game hacks, the softmod must be the only profile for splinter cell on your hd, now first reformat the usb stick then plug it into ur comuter do not let windos reformat it, now use AR or megaxkey to get the gamesave on your usb stick

go to this tutorial which will teach u how to ftp
    http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/ftpingproblem.htm

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  8. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

i already no how to ftp but how does this help??? what is AR and megaxkey and where can i get them.
    P.S. Thanx for the help

9. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

www.codjunkies.com

and i didn't put the ftp link for u

10. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

is there any way i can get the gamesaves onto a regular usb key that is xbox formatted without buying somthing?

11. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

hey, u've already been a hugh help! do u hav an im screen name that i can just directly talk 2 u from? mine's sbaron178. thanks

12. BJet1

BJet1 Guest

every time i download linux file then put it into action replay the file gets corupted and mech assault cant load the linux. how can i make sure the file doesnt get coruptted in the transfer--- or if you have an alternet way of getting the linux in to the xbox plz tell me

13. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

try to redownload the file

14. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

15. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

ok...i downloaded ar and added the gamesaves to the list. now when i plug in my xbox formatted usb key into my computer, ar dosn't recognize it. do u have any suggestions?

16. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

make sure windows doesn't reformat it

17. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

ya, windows dosnt reformat it without asking and i decline, but y dosnt ar notice the usb key? shouldnt somthing show up on the left side under "memory card"

18. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

ya it should show up,
    ok plug it back into the xbox, and see if u can change the name of the stick, change it if u can, open AR, then put ur stick in

19. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

i gave it a name and plugged it in while ar was running, but still nothing happened. got any last ideas?

20. BJet1

BJet1 Guest

is there anyt way around Ar cause its corupting my files------ never mind AR is not corrupting my files, it turns out i have the wrong Mech Assaault version: if it says MS02301L you have the original, it it syas MS02308L you have the new version which wont work make sure you check the back of your disc on the silver part. and theres another tutorial on this forum in case theres anything that isnt on this one: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/203285

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2005