1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is how i softmodded my xbox [a guide]

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Ca$h, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

2. joeky

joeky Member

--------PLEASE READ THIS--------------------------------------------

ok, i need help
    --im using a SanDisk micro 256mb usb to transfer the files
    --i also have an adapter for my xbox(hooks into contrler port with a female usb on the other end.
    --i have tried about 20 different programs for mechassault
    --i do have the original version
    --But every time when i plug the usb port in at my dashboard(xboxlive enabled) it says that the memory unit is corrupted and erases it.
    --i have never seen the "run linux" at the mechassault campain or in the memory tab at my dashboard.
    --every time i plug it into my computer it makes me format it.
    --i can not put any new files on to my usb without my computer formatting it. i use windows 98 or xp not sure.
    --i downloaded action replay from the net, so i have the software and the program with all the files but none of the hard ware.
    --i am very good at using mirc. i have that figured out. i fairly understand how to use flashfxp. But i am able to use it.
    --i have deleted all of my original MA saves from my xbox harddrive.
    --when i run campain i only see the profile for "mechwarrior" nothing about linux.
    Is there a certain way im suppose to turn or restart my xbox so my usb isnt erased? Or am i suppose to wait for my xbox to format the usb, if so HOW LONG?

---please if u know any info or have any suggestions please post or email me at

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  3. joeky

joeky Member

--------PLEASE READ THIS--------------------------------------------

ok, i need help
    --im using a SanDisk micro 256mb usb to transfer the files
    --i also have an adapter for my xbox(hooks into contrler port with a female usb on the other end.
    --i have tried about 20 different programs for mechassault
    --i do have the original version
    --But every time when i plug the usb port in at my dashboard(xboxlive enabled) it says that the memory unit is corrupted and erases it.
    --i have never seen the "run linux" at the mechassault campain or in the memory tab at my dashboard.
    --every time i plug it into my computer it makes me format it.
    --i can not put any new files on to my usb without my computer formatting it. i use windows 98 or xp not sure.
    --i downloaded action replay from the net, so i have the software and the program with all the files but none of the hard ware.
    --i am very good at using mIRC. i have that figured out. i fairly understand how to use FlashFXP. But i am able to use it.
    --i have deleted all of my original MA saves from my xbox harddrive.
    --when i run campain i only see the profile for "mechwarrior" nothing about linux.
    Is there a certain way im suppose to turn or restart my xbox so my usb isnt erased? Or am i suppose to wait for my xbox to format the usb, if so HOW LONG?

---please if u know any info or have any suggestions please post or email me at [REMOVED]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  4. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

do u have an original version of MA

5. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

and the game save must be on your xbox.

6. joeky

joeky Member

yes i do have an original version but i dont know how to get the game save on my xbox
    -- and also i deleted all my game saves of mechassault from my xbox

7. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

how did u get the file on your usb stick?

8. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

never mind my previous post. does it reformat the memory unit?

9. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

hey i figured it out. u hav to change some codes in the memory stick. heres the tut http://www.how2xbox.com/mod.htm . after this is done, everything else works fine!

10. dikdimond

dikdimond Regular member

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  11. Master_Q

Master_Q Guest

Hey Ca$h, please tell me how to softmod bcause i dont get step 1 and 2 so if you you have yahoo my screen name is Pimp_Master_Q_420 my AIM screen name is Raiden1789.

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

joeky

Let's have a look at the forum rules - posting email addies isn't allowed ;)

13. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

hey guys, i guess this isnt a hardware question but here it goes. I've finally gotten that mod to work. i started the xbox and put in a game that i made my self. After i pressed launch dvd... nothing happened. i no the selfmade game works because i used it on my own modded xbox. is it the drive??? what should i do?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2005
  14. Master_Q

Master_Q Guest

Please someone help me with soft modding i dont get step 1 and 2 in ca$hes tutorial so some1 please reply to me and tell me if u have yahoo messenger or aim messenger, i need help :(

15. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

im me...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2005
  16. Master_Q

Master_Q Guest

im you on what yahoo or aim?

17. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

18. cbruce

cbruce Member

I liked that tutorial alot Ca$h (are you a member of cartoonorbit?)
    But what is the exact name of the file that i transfer to my memory card? also, can i just transfer the file with a crossover cable instead of a memory card? thanks

19. jman5

jman5 Guest

well ok ill check it out later and get the stuff im just relaly confused with this xbox shit

20. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

Repost: hey guys, i guess this isnt a hardware question but here it goes. I've finally gotten that mod to work. i started the xbox and put in a game that i made my self. After i pressed launch dvd... nothing happened. i no the selfmade game works because i used it on my own modded xbox. is it the drive??? what should i do?