1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is how i softmodded my xbox [a guide]

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Ca$h, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

what dash do u have? how long do u wait?

2. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

cbruce

if u have ftp access, yes u can do that. the exact file is something like Krazie_007 or some thing like that(oo7= Auf hack). there is a new one out though, it is called krazie nurde u can do that one if u want it supposely is the best one if u wanna play live.
    *the one i did should be under the folder Krazie Uxe
    and uhh...what is cartoonbit?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  3. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

i hav the evox dash and i wait until the light on the eject button stopps flashing.

By the way, first i installed a different mod accidentially, and then the krayzie one, to c if that would allow me to play burnt discs. the krayzie mod was much better!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2005
  4. cbruce

cbruce Member

Ca$h
    Cartoonorbit is this website where kids and adults collect cards (ctoons) and sell them buy them trade them and battle with them.
    Someone i was chatting with was named Ca$hM@ney. I just recently deletd my account because too many kids joined and now its a kiddie site!
    (http://www.cartoonorbit.cartoonnetwork.com.servlet/Home)

Ok, sorry, but whats the extension of the file? is it .rar?
    thnx!!!!!

5. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

anybody got a solution to my problem?

6. Cabose

Cabose Guest

Great Tutorial man, i just modded mine using it, it screwed up first try cuz it had an error message, but i did it again, and it worked. But now I wan to transfer some files to my xbox, like mods and stuff, but i cant ftp it, I've tried everyting, connecting it directly, through the router ec. but nothing works, and the last site i asked for help on I got flamed. Plase help, thanks.

7. NJPelli16

NJPelli16 Member

I'm using the MechAssault one. Whenever I try to install it (already in the new dashboard) there's this loading screen with the Xbox logo and text that reads, "Loading... REMOTEX". It's on for over an hour now. How long am I suppose to wait?

8. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

try changing ur ip addres under settings, sumthing like (192.168.1.200)...that always works for me. dont forget to change the addres in flash fxp and dont forget to save when u exit the settings menu.

9. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@NJPelli16

How did you or did you even save the mechassault game save to your xbox's hard drive. I've never heard of the screen you're seeing.

10. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

hi, can softmodded xbox do the same thing as a modded one? if not what is the main difference?

11. xSModder

xSModder Member

a softmodded XBOX can do the same as a modded one, except that you dont have to solder anything.

12. dzuldare

dzuldare Regular member

then why do people waste money on buying mod chips when they don't have too? i don't have xbox live and i never will. i just want to copy any game i want onto the xbox hard drive then ftp it to my computer, burn the game on dvd-r and then play it on dvdr in my xbox. if i can do this plus store roms and xbox games on my xbox hard drive after only soft modding it, i am happy. am i missing anything here? or is there some secret power that a mod chip has over a soft modded xbox? well damm, i am going to soft mod and save a bunch of money and hastle of getting a mod chip! right?

13. xSModder

xSModder Member

yep. you can do ALMOST literally everything without a mod chip. if youve got any questions, just PM me with your aim or yahoo! and i can directly talk to you.

14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

"Oh What a tangled web we weave here in this thread"

How many softmods do you know of that allow the modder to do what the Xecuter 3 CE mod chip (or any of the newer chips for that matter) can do? READ THIS FIRST.

http://www.baldbouncer.co.uk/catalo...d/111?osCsid=86fa00e6fd845972bcbdb1a8309019d4

Realistically, if you don't understand what a lot of the features are then you probably aren't a mod chip installer and therefore might not recognize the abilities a mod chip provides over a softmod. On top of all that, it's so easy to mod and use.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2005
  15. SSAALL

SSAALL Member

hey ca$h do you have like aim or aol that we could talk on so you can walk me threw this. i do not want to mess up

16. xSModder

xSModder Member

well pardon me. you can do MOST without a modchip. i mean, maybe not use a panel, but do you really need it?

17. russnroll

russnroll Member

So, installing any modchip will delete all content off of the xbox? i have many MP3's installed, I want to get live, and i have a lot of saved games. Do i have to back it up in order to save all of them? and can i go on live WITHOUT the softmod? Like uninstall it temporarily, or do i need a new xbox to go on live?

18. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@xSModder
    LOL. Nah man, I wasn't trying to come at you or anything...no need to be excused ;) I'm just saying a lot of people tend to misunderstand the differences is all. Did you tak a look at the link? The control panel isn't even the half of it. To me on of the biggest things is customizations...for example, nothing the xbox; I think softmods will allow you to change the xb logo screen but a chip (X3 CE) will allow you to change the Flubber Screen on boot. Colors, angles, wireframe or not, etc...It just seems like for every foot softmods go, chips move a yard. That's just my opinion of course...softmods are good in their own respect as well.

19. sbaron178

sbaron178 Guest

not to be a jerk or anything but...oooooie! u can change the angels and colors of the boot logo!? who gives a shit. common really, technicaly, most importand features a chip gives u, u can get with a softmod.

20. xSModder

xSModder Member

well sbaron, the mod chips are glamorous in their own ways. just like the softmods.

most of the things have been able to work around without a chip, but there are a few things that Xecuter does.

its like, we think weve just conquered and tore the XBOX to shreds, and then Team Xecuter pops out of the shadows and says "HAHA NEW MODS FOR YOUR XBOX!"