this is how i softmodded my xbox [a guide]

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Ca$h, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a jerk statement to me. Watch the language from now on.

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@xSModder
    Your last statement hit it on the head. Could not have said it better myself.

3. **chris**

**chris** Regular member

hey guys looking at this forum the link for the action replay device is not working can anyone suggest another site or make their own

4. xlee008

xlee008 Member

Hi, i'm kinda stupid here... never done this before and i'm researching my head off. is the action replay memory card big enough to hold the information downloaded if i'm planning to use splinter cell?

do i have to mod my xbox controller to a usb end to connect to my computer to get the information to my memory card? and where do i find the information to splice up the correct wires together?

thanks Ca$h and members!

5. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

I use a 8mb memorey card. You can buy AR or build a device similar...my link pobally doesn't work annymore...look on xbox scene, it shouldn't be hard to find.

6. cdal325

cdal325 Member

Hey, i have 2 things to say. First of all I can't drag the two .zip file you need to AR. And second, I read in a different tutorial that that your EEPROM is a file on the linux dashboard not, on your computer. So how do I backup my EEPROM with a floppy. (I tried to mod a different xbox without backing up my EEPROM, and once I installed the Evox dashboard, everytime i started my xbox without a disc it gave me the message "service is required, call customer support). (I also could not connect to xbox live or acces the main menu, so i had to get a new xbox). If you can help me please reply! Thnx!

7. jwill2008

jwill2008 Member

i just started lookin at this forum nd i just have one question..About the memory card, does it matter whether use a microsoft card or the action replay? Which would do I need to use or does it not really matter?

8. xlee008

xlee008 Member

sup Ca$h, got everything transfered over... but when ltools load up, there are only two choices: mechassault and mechassault. Is this file corrupt? or do i not have the right files. i have both games mechassault and splintercell. can you point me to the right place to get those files. i got them from xbins, but they all seem to have the same result. my msn is xlee08 then the hotmail part dot com. thanks

9. BUDSMKER

BUDSMKER Member

Dude, When I tried to get to my EvolutionX dashboard, it said service needed, call customer support! What do I do? Note that I used Mechassault.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  10. BUDSMKER

BUDSMKER Member

Please someone reply

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  11. r2d205

r2d205 Guest

am i beyond a newbie yet?

12. r2d205

r2d205 Guest

dang how long does it take to become a senior or anything higher than an newbie?

13. r2d205

r2d205 Guest

screw softmodding MODCHIPS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

14. Nephilim

Yup, you're 'inactive' now.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  15. petie07

petie07 Member

ca$h do you use ltools or sid3 or aid2 or whatever else there is whic one do u use i used sid3 and got unleash x a while back but i like the sound of that softmod on/off thing

16. petie07

petie07 Member

how do you become a moderator that sounds pretty sweet i'd get to talk all fancy and all authority-ish. Watch your language young man! sorry i just had to say that kuz i have no idea why

17. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

Sid is excellentae. Just go2 restore M$, it is sort of the same thing.

18. iwantmods

iwantmods Guest

hey guys im new here and just want to know a web site where i can get free softmods for halo2 not even really to use em online just want to own my friends lol if ya can plz ty thank u very much if ya can im me at [REMOVED] is my im addy

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2005
  19. chuck465

chuck465 Guest

hey if any one knows how to mod your xbox for halo 2 could you please tell me my halo 2 acount is johnsonmx465 message me if you know how

20. Nephilim

iwantmods

Let's have a look at the forum rules - posting email addies isn't allowed. Use the pm function for that ;)