1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is how i softmodded my xbox [a guide]

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Ca$h, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Moddings

Moddings Guest

GODDANGIT!!! I tried your toutorial and the same thing happen as when I tried it from someone ealses... When I get to the part were I'm spose to go into cap. and chose Run Linux, it just says "unable to load <Run Linux>. Press A to continue... What is going on??? Could you IM me and walk me through it... Send me the files and crap??

AIM:THExHIDDENxLOVER
    Yahoo:Dreamboymk4u

it would mean alot

2. xlee008

xlee008 Member

You know guys, i was just wondering... is it possible to revert back and reinstall the dash? i have evox and i read so many cool things about avalaunch this ... avalaunch that... now i want it!! is there any harm done when reverting to avalaunch? any quicker safer ways to get there without much risk.. well its always a risk, but you know what i mean!

3. iwantmods

iwantmods Guest

im sorry did not know wont happen again but if some one could tell me a site id be happy

4. igotband

igotband Guest

sigh** im getting tired of this my hardrive wont take any more memory by the way this is R2D205** i got banned:)

5. MayorQ

MayorQ Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2005
  6. KyleJ

KyleJ Member

7. RAZ0R

RAZ0R Member

hey cash i did everything the guide said but when i try to go to campaign the linux isnt there, why is that??

8. Flashed

Flashed Member

hey nice guide man i just wanted to know 1 thing before i go and softmod my box. I bought my my xbox just like 2 days ago so its pretty dam new and so i think the version would be one of the new ones like 1.6b or 1.6c if theres is a "c" so i wanted to know if this will work with any version of xbox

9. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

Yep, it will work.

10. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

The linux isn't there? What game r u using?

11. Flashed

Flashed Member

Hey Ca$H just one more question I don't have a Memory card or action replay or anything like that so i bought this http://www.x-mods.co.nz/product_inf...id=45&osCsid=50310071f87fb2052c99924f0a5c2f26
    and i m going to use a standard 256mb flash drive to trasfer the save i know that you gotta put the flash drive on xbox first and then let it format it and then put the flash drive back to my pc put the contents of the 2 udata folders the come with UXE and then put the flash drive back in xbox put the saves on the hardrive and boot with splinter cell. Yea I sure thats how you do it i Just wanted to make sure if i can use a PEN DRIVE

THANKS
    CA$H

12. yaimlegit

yaimlegit Guest

CAN YOU SEND ME THE XBINS FILE AND TELL ME WHAT TO DO W/ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [BOLD]PLEASE[BOLD]

13. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

yaimlegit

Turn off the caps lock key - it's considered shouting not to mention hard on the eyes and against forum rules ;)

14. yaimlegit

yaimlegit Guest

what ever! But the sites u sent me didn't give me any files so if any1 can send me the files tell me!
    PlEaSe

15. bunkerboi

bunkerboi Guest

CA$H
    im new at the hole modding thing and i dont fully understand your tutorial could u mabey explane it more detailed to me i really dont know what im doing and i dont what to mess up my xbox
    Please Help!

16. Norek

Norek Member

Anyone got the answer to Flashed's Q; Is it possible to do with a USB-adapter instead of Action Replay?

17. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Buh bye!

18. AA505

AA505 Member

I need serious help!!!!
    But most of all how do you back up the eeprom?

19. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You can just FTP it over to your PC..same as you would transfer files to your XBOX. There are other ways but that is the easiest way to have it for safe keeping in case the drive crashes or whatever may happen to it...

20. tgarrett

tgarrett Guest

i recently put flash x on for my dashboard and i cant understand the language that came with it i was wondering how do i change the language or put an entire new dashboard on my x box anything would be of help