1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is how i softmodded my xbox [a guide]

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Ca$h, Aug 6, 2005.

1. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

I don't think its a dumb? I don't know, but I don't see why not. Here is a well written tuturial with pictures on adding a usb adapter to your controller, with a removable 128 MB flash stick. So yeah I hope and think it will work without any additional drivers. Let us know what you get accomplished. Gone.........

http://mesh.typepad.com/blog/2005/01/creating_a_usb_.html

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  2. outlaw48

outlaw48 Member

ok heres my problem i have action replay and the merory card has the space but it says 4 blocks are being used and i need atleast 2 more i dont know what to do any ideas?? and theres nothing on the card

3. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Try erasing it with the xbox and the action replay software, otherwise the mem card might be bad.

4. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

@jjfreak5

Yes you can use a usb stick, but you would need to prevent windows from reformatting it everytime you plug it into your computer. And you would need to build a usb adapter for the xbox

5. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Ca$h
    @jjfreak5

After reading some more in this thread I meantioned earlier http://mesh.typepad.com/blog/2005/01/creating_a_usb_.html ; There is a post;

Quote" If you read the whole tutorial you will notice that in the begining it tells you that any info on your USB MEM device will be lost when using it for the first time on the XBOX (formatting differences). The same goes for using it on your computer AFTER it is used and reformatted on the XBOX. Unfortunately, you can only use the USB MEM device for ONE of the applications: XBOX or Computer. Pick your poison!" Quote

This pretty much confirms what Ca$h said. I would recommend just getting an action replay, it is well worth the money for what you are doing and can potentially accomplish with your console while moding, However the usb adapter tut is excellent for attaching usb devices, storing lots of game saves, and looks good too. Later

6. andrew10

andrew10 Member

thanks for the tut. ca$h! i softmodded my v1.0 xbox successfully on my first try, easily!

7. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

@WOOTY,

heres your problem: youve got the splinter cell save profile on the xbox, thats good. but youre missing the other key file: linux installer. if you have both the linux installer copied to your xbox, and the linux profile copied to your xbox, you should be good to go. a friend of mine had the exact same problem, i fixed it in a second.

8. boc7269

boc7269 Member

ok really newbie question here. what is a ftp? and what is a action replay device?

9. xBolTx

xBolTx Guest

..I am usig the action replay memory card and it says the file is 2 big? what now>

10. boc7269

boc7269 Member

ok i modded my xbox. i think i did it right b/c i can go from the modded dash to the ms dash and i have no problems. but when i tried to save halo 2 to my hard disk it says error code 112? it also says this when i tried to copy my eeprom to my memory card. please any one help befor i do sumthing stupid and screw up my xbox.

11. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

Alright halo 2 does not fit on standard xbox hard drive. Did you back up your eeprom at the very begining like i said? Try using ftp to transfer your backed up eeprom to your computer.

Umm you can find a larger memory card or you can find a smaller softmod installer. I have never purchased the action replay memory card, i used my own memory card and just built my own usb extension.

--------------------------------------------------------

I havent used this installer in over a year. I never really liked it...

My favorite installer ever is SID v2.1
    I plan to add that onto this guide. Because it is awesome. It has less features than the Krayzie Uxe Installer but it has never ever let me down.

12. boc7269

boc7269 Member

Ca$h. yes i did back up my eeprom. but i cant figure out how to get it to my memory card. can you tell me step by step what to do. and what driver is the memory card in. is it like x,z,f or sumthin like that.

13. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

I am not sure if it is possible to put it on a memrory card... If you ftp into your xbox your backed up eeprom should be in the "E" directory

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  14. boc7269

boc7269 Member

i read about ftping with ur xbox. i read that i could get into the xbox by conecting the xbox to a hub or router then hook that up to the computer. can i do that or do i need to the special cord to hook it up to the computer.

15. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

No need for a special cord. All you need is to connect the xbox to your network.

here is a tutorial

16. boc7269

boc7269 Member

ummm does anyone know how to fix a broken xbox? please help.

17. tumeg

tumeg Member

To Ca$h, I read your thread on soft modding your xbox using MA..I'm assuming this means Mech Assult. Will modding my xbox this way work if i only play ghost recon and ghost recon island thunder because these are the only games i play on my xbox any more. Please help

18. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

What happened to your xbox?

Inorder to softmod your xbox, you need one of the following original games(non platnium hits):
    -MechAssualt
    -SpilnterCell
    -AgentUnderFire

19. used14

used14 Guest

i want to learn how to mod i have action replay and i will get ma tomorrow or the next day and i need help

20. Ca$h

Ca$h Regular member

Just look for guides or tutorials and you should do find. The more reading you do before you install a softmod the better.