1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is how to copy THE GRUDGE or UNFORGIVEN

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by flag, Feb 5, 2005.

1. flag

flag Member

Use newest version of Decrypter, DVD43 (runs in background usualy at CPU start up) & Shrink and what ever software you choose to burn vob files!!!
    1. Open Decrypter and under the MODE tab select "FILE" (copy to HD and choose location in the DESTINATION folder).
    2. You will get the message about redundancy or others, chose the cancel button which brings another popup
    screen and asks if you want to save it anyway & I said "YES" and it finished coping it.
    You will get another vob file error again...just repeat step...in future just do this till it says completed.
    3. Open Shrink and select "OPEN FILES", now locate the folder where you just saved files in step (1).
    after locating it....hit OK (it should be "VIDEO_TS").
    4. Now select BACKUP tab, a new pop up window will have 5 tab option to choose from as the following:
    (A) TARGET DEVICE (my setting are for Backup Target is "HARD DISK FOLDER" & for Target Output I select a
    location on HD...just remember where it is). ps...NERO is disabled in my preference so I can choose what I want
    ( DVD REGION (mine set for region free).
    © QUALITY SETTINGS (mine is set for Quality Enhancement with all othe blocks unchecked).
    (D) OPTIONS (mine is set in "low priority mode & play sound when complete).
    (E) BURN SETTINGS ( Volume Label.. mine is CLONEDVDTEMP cause I use CloneDVD2 to burn and no burn speed
    is selected. Both blocks for "book type & Burn at least 30mm" are checked.
    After these setting are st hit OK and you are done as it will now fit on your dvd-r/dvd+r........ now to step 5.
    5. Then I used CloneDVD2 to copy SHRINK files .......Successfully completed & it played in my DVD stand alone player.

Hope this helps everyone!!!

ps.. I have never failed yet with these great programs that are provided to us... they are the real deal.

2. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

Good info flag but what I did is just rip the dvd as usual with DVD Decrypter in "READ MODE". I think some people may be giving up too soon. The "problem" dvds start having problems about 5 minutes into the rip. It makes that weird sound as if it is going to stop again but it regains its reading mode and continues by replacing the bad sectors with dummy sectors. After it was finished I just shrunk the the movie with dvd shrink problem free. Once you finished that, the burn method is up to you. Roxio suxs but I used Decrypter to burn it (iso image) even though I have nero.

3. flag

flag Member

I tried that method but to no avail dvdripdvd so I tried it as stated and it also will put dummy sectors there.
    strange how peeps keep asking same thing..how copy something and wont read others post..just need to type in search what you need!

4. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

finally a newbie that actually knows what their doing.

5. kenottawa

kenottawa Guest

I was wondering if I just got lucky. I had no problem with The Grudge. Im using DVD Xcopy Express. And I have the LG 16X multi DVD/CD rewiter