1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This movie wont convert or work in any program :(

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by yum114, Oct 20, 2004.

1. yum114

yum114 Guest

I need to convert this avi to burn it to vcd but it wont play or convert in any software but 2 and the two programs it will play in are "VLCmedia player" and "windows media player classic" it wont even play in regular windows media so is there a software or something that can fix my problem so i can convert it to burn onta a vcd. Thanks

2. yum114

yum114 Guest

can someone please help me

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Did you try my "100% working method" (with VCDGear, which is freeware)?
    Ah, to view and/or convert an .AVI you need its codec installed (DivX for a DivX .AVI, Xvid for a Xvid .AVI...).

4. yum114

yum114 Guest

i have two codecs that works for it and it works in two programs just not in any converters or any other players

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I don't understand. When you need to make a VCD, don't you need to convert the AVI movie into a/two MPEG(s)? So, if you convert the movie to an .MPG, no codec is needed after the conversion.
    Or, maybe, you try to view your VCD directly (and then you want to see the 'ripped riff file' AVSEQ.DAT [VCD] or AVSEQ.MPG [SVCD] and NOT the .MPG you made to prepare the VCD with)? It it's the case, you need a specific player able to load the 'ripped riff files' (I think that WMP can...).
    Anyway, VCDs are good only for DVD players; to view a movie a PC, an .AVI or an .MPG is enough. You can burn them directly on a data CD without convert them to a VCD, so the movies won't become 'ripped riff files' but will remain .AVIs / .MPGs.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  6. slowpok

slowpok Guest

I Always run my AVI files through Gspot first(freeware) and this will tell you if you are missing any other codecs for this file.