1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this ones for all you anime fans.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by andmerr, Nov 9, 2004.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hI ALL i know we have that great thread classic 80's cartoons but well thought it was time to have another.This one is: tell us what your favorite anime or animes/manga titles are but to make it more interesting each post has to have a picture of the cover.(and so do the side comments ,whos up for the challenge ,i personally have about 300 anime discs)

Ill start the ball rolling with a new one that i have just attained.

[​IMG]

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

heres another one thats quite interesting if you have seen the first season of hack sign or even played the ps2 game,dont miss this one.

[​IMG]

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I am not too sure about the stand alone complex. the first DVD was not as good as it could have been. Have any the follow up been good?

A good series is Rune soldier:
    [​IMG]

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

the opening of ghost in the shell was very final fantasy ,but i have liked what i have seen so far.Havent seen the other volumes yet ,still got to get released here.

[​IMG]

5. Sefiroth

Sefiroth Guest

I havnt got a picture, but i would have to say that the best anime would have to be neon genesis evangelion

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ sefiroth:i'll take pity on ya,

man heres a site where you can take pics from
    http://www.ezydvd.com.au

[​IMG]

but which evangellion? there are so many of them

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I just got the completion of GTO for my B-day. GTO is an other really good series.
    [​IMG]

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

[​IMG]

awesome prisoner almost in the same league as goldenboy

have you seen wolfs rain.Of what i have seen i really think i am going to enjoy this series

9. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Wow you guys get screwed andmerr. I have had this one for a couple months now in the US and you can't have it until the end of the month. The one after this came out here this month and you can't buy it there until january. OUCH...that sucks..

[​IMG]

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey zippyd, well i looked at the first thought it was pretty ordinary so havent bought anymore.But just for you heres a teser of the next one.

[​IMG]

what volume are you up to

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2004
  11. zippyd

zippyd Active member

The first was a little slow, but it was mainly devoloping the story line. This is the pic from Tokyopop of #8. It also says under the pic "artwork not final" . My local store hadn't gotten it in their shipment when I stopped by to pick up a copy so I can't tell what it's gonna look like.

[​IMG]

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

[​IMG]

ours look different to yours as they make different covers for different regions in the world but heres some more of a tidbit for ya

Tak's newly acquired status as a street racer leads to an unwanted challenge from Team Night Kids. Pitting his under-powered Eight-Six against the Night Kids' highly tuned GT-R seems ludicrous, but Tak's growing passion for racing leaves him no other choice but to accept!

Episode 7: Pride of a Racer

A new foe appears: Zach from the Night Kids challenges Tak to a battle, but Tak still really isn't into competition. Tak gets some encouragement from his boss and then finally decides to meet Zach's challenge on the road.

Episode 8: Time's Almost Up!

Iggy frets when Tak doesn't show up for the showdown with Zach - since Iggy basically committed Tak to the race on his own. Finally, Bunta finally gets back home with the Eight Six and Tak barely makes it to the race on time.

Episode 9: Eight Six vs. GT-R

At the outset of the big race, the GT-R takes the lead due to its technical superiority ... but the Eight Six that Bunta tuned somehow manages to stay in the race. And, as the GT-R loses front tire grip, the Eight Six begins to catch up to the GT-R ...

hopefully i havent ruined it to much for ya

andmerr

13. zippyd

zippyd Active member

You haven't spoiled anything. Sorry to say that you are quoting from Volume3(Battle3). Each volume has 3 episodes. You can see which volume you got if you look above the PG rating.
    Your cover and ours aren't that different.

[​IMG]

14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i noticed that there are more episodic anime out than there are movies.However i have just bought this one called Princess Mononoke, thought it was going to be pretty average but to my astonishment it 's right up there with titles like ninja scroll,ghost in the shell.Its very fast paced with heaps of action,set in ancient times when metal was first discovered.

[​IMG]

15. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Were you smoking weed when you watched that one. I thought Princess Mononoke was terible. I am quite an envionmentalist but that was too much hooky junk. I would not compare it to Ghost in the shell. Ever!

good movie anime would be Jin Roh.

[​IMG]

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

come on prisoner, really of all the stuff i have recently seen maybe it comes close to say to spirited away.I like the color, the graphics and even the fast pace of the movie.

the next one i am getting is below, any one heard about or seen it.

[​IMG]

17. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

^^^^^ andmerr i got that one. Have you heard of Lain serial experiments it looks a lot like that one
    and i think lain is beter.
    Definately Neon Genesis Evangelion would be the best anime/manga ever and Love Hina manga is pretty descent too
    [​IMG]
    Maria =)

18. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Took me for ever to find this thread again.

Any good anime recommendations? THere is a convention this weekend here in Toronto, so might get a new series. Currently have:
    Irresponsible Captain tylor
    GTO
    witch hunter robin
    .hack//sign
    trigun
    Rune soldier
    Rouni Kenshin
    ElHazard
    X
    Noir
    Cowboy beebop

Only have first of Read or Die, so might get more on that.

19. andmerr

andmerr Guest

wolfs rain is a pretty good series so far.I have 2 dvds but will be getting more.Still havent been able to locate this rune soldier any one have a link to a review of it.

Another one pictured below looks interesting but i will review it when it comes out

[​IMG]

20. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

andmerr, best place for reviews is AnimeOnDVD at this site:
    http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/1909.php

I ended up grabing the series Geneshaft. Not bad being a Biochemist it was slightly amusing. I watched the hole series Sunday night, only 13 episodes. I also got the second Kenshin box set. I might pick up Goldenboy as the new set with both discs for $20 is out a my local anime place this Friday.