1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This should be added to the rules,BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHERS

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by ireland, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Pop_Smith
    The comment I edited was more about respect. Your post made me think it appropriate. Respect is for the rights of others to exist together without fighting. It has little to do with status or skillz. Most of us have skills in some areas as well as ignorance in others. We should try to show respect to newbies on up. None of us were born with our knowledge. As one of the mods is fond of saying, teach and learn.

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Yeah, sorry I know my previous post was already said for the most part and I almost didn't post but I couldn't see much on the "report" button so I thought I would comment on it.

EDITED by Pop_Smith: Re-arranged post, it makes a bit more sense now. :p

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  3. slugfuk

slugfuk Guest

lol @ creaky
    looking around you ban the wrong people. why do addict status make members above the rules?
    Ripper and deadlove help very much around forums. pacman777 and aabbccdd only try to be clever all the time. Site is not fair to helpful members so I dont post much.

4. tocool4u2

tocool4u2 Guest

I am aabbccdd

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2007
  5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

shows the tiny amount of respect i get from people then, i uphold rules here, (i post as a 'normal' poster ie not as a mod a helluva lot), i don't abuse people, regardless of their knowledge or lack of, yet some of you must have so little respect for me to continue the abuse on the forums. And you all know i care nothing for 'status'; this is the first time i've 'banned' you, yet you surely know i've tolerated far too much unwanted sniping on our forums, and now i'm getting called for everything. I don't ban the wrong people, aabbccdd knows (as do others) that i've banned him loads of times.

Can't you all just give it up ?, why post here if you all hate it (and hate me) so much ?

edit- yes tocool, i just saw your typical childish comment, you can wind your neck in, who rattled your cage...

last edit for the night- i'm all around these forums like horse muck most days of the week so i have a very good nose for what goes on, i know who's doing what, to who, and usually why... - what i mean by that is i do always try to be fair..

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Creaky would ban me in a heartbeat. I have no doubt of that. Addicts get banned as well as newbies. aabbccdd seems to be getting it fairly often. ;) I've learned from his example on that. LOL As for my helping others, I became an Addict by doing so. Go through the DVD for Newbie and Shrink forums, along with Nero and Rebuilder and you'll see where I've done a lot of posting to try to help others, more the Shrink and DVD for newbies. In case you haven't read about it, posts in the Safety Valve don't count. As one of our mods says, teach and learn. There's a lot of things on different forums I'm ignorant about. If I need info from those, I'll ask. In the process I don't want to be made to look like a fool. At no time will you see me slandering others and calling names. If I do so, Creaky and the other mods are waiting to tell me where I went wrong.

Edit: Just an addition
    These threads in the Safety Valve are about expressing opinions. Your opinion is valid and worth being heard. It shows where you stand and I honor it.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

last one from me tonight as it's just about midnight here and i turn into a pumpkin soon, up for work in 6hours and as usual i'm too overtired to even begin to wind down and sleep. Anyway, i ban many, many people each day/week/month etc, but one of the only places i've failed as a mod (that i know of) is allowing some 'internet friends' too much elbow room to run amok, and the one time i do anything about it, it's like it's thrown in my face, now i'm the bad guy. Ah well, i'm nigh on 39yrs old, i can handle it. My bags under my eyes can't though, time for my beauty sleep, or lack thereof.

Have fun all, it's just forums, honest..

8. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I am respectful to everyone that has earned it here through knowledge, courtesy or both.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

In case my words were misinterpreted, I only meant I don't expect any favoritism. Just because a person has posted enough to gain Addict, doesn't make them special, just means they should have good keyboarding skills. Addicts get banned when they break rules or don't heed warnings. If slugfuk looked around, it's obvious Creaky is an equal opportunity banmeister, titles are irrelevant.

Night Creaky. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

10. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

lethal_b is also

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i ban who ever deserves it.

slugfuk (account created on 29 Jul, 2007) has used same IP address as janrocks (banned on 1 May, 2007)
    slugfuk (account created on 29 Jul, 2007) has used same IP address as deadlove (banned on 18 Sep, 2007)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.