1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thompson DVD Drive compatabilty

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by enyce41, Aug 8, 2003.

1. enyce41

enyce41 Member

Can anyone give me suggestions as to which brand of CDRW or DVD+R will work on my Thompson drive? Having some trouble!

2. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

what trouble are you having? i've used all kinds of brands of cdrw with mine and all have worked so far. i use -R/RW discs and all the brands i've tried have worked in my thompson drive too. i generally use DVDpro, Accu, Princo, and memorex DVD-R/RW. it could be the way you're making the ISo, what trouble are you having?

3. enyce41

enyce41 Member

So far I've been using HP CDRW. I also have DVD+R's(haven't tried them yet though. How should I be creating the ISO? Which brands have you used of CDRW's?

4. darthnip

i use memorex, imation, fuji, etc. i'd use craxtion to make your iso's, i use it and it's about the best program i've used.

5. enyce41

enyce41 Member

When I insert my disk I get the message "no bios update found...halting" what does that mean?

6. darthnip

are you trying to upgrade the bios?

7. enyce41

enyce41 Member

Don't I need to? I have a cromwell bios on it right now. DO you know what I'm doing wrong? I'm getting frustrated..any help would be much appreciated!!

8. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

i have heard that the cromwell bios can be very unstable/unreliable with certain issues.

my advice would be to re-flash the chip with the latest xecuter bios, can be found at http://www.g4merzo1d.co.uk.tt

then burn iso's to memorex 700mb cd-rw. i use them and NEVER had a problem with them, not even with an iso which was only 3mb!!!

Hope this helps