1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thor Title Selection

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by goofymom, Sep 18, 2011.

1. goofymom

goofymom Member

Hello, I have been a backup copier for years now and I am usually pretty competent at it, with the occasional browsing here to find my way around a wall. I am now trying to back up my copy of Thor and I am running into a problem. My DVDFab opened it in full movie (thats just how I usually do it) and went to DVDShrink and it is way over, so I went to reauthor and it shows me two titles that are possible movie titles (39 and 40) I went browsing through forums here and just keep finding B.S with people whom started this before movie release and was closed due to pirating. I then went back to DVDFab and did movie only, well it now shows several titles that are possibly the movie (2, 33 21 29 17 39 18 34 22 7 40 27 10) all showing the 1 hr plus and included in chapter 18. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

2. goofymom

goofymom Member

Just an update, I am trying to burn using the DVD Shrink in reauthor title 39, I will post when done with the results.

3. goofymom

goofymom Member

So far seems, good. It burned real fast, so I am a bit concerned, but its playing alright as of right now ... fingers crossed.

4. goofymom

goofymom Member

Well no one ever replied, but it seemed to have worked!!!

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I suppose you're using Shrink to edit and compress. If not, there's no need to use Shrink. There's a viewer, so you can check out the individual files. Using Still Image in Compression Settings you can edit in Full Disc without going into Re-author. Check out some of the posts on the topic in the Shrink forum. Since DVD9s are no longer expensive, it's easy to rip with the free DVDFab and burn with ImgBurn (both free). Look into DVDRB as a good encoding program. There's a free version, but I suggest the retail version. I've had a copy for years. It's time consuming without a fast PC though. For backing up your personal DVDs with an older or slower PC, I'd suggest DVDFab retail. It does the whole job.