1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those darn drivers again ;(

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by sandisk, Sep 1, 2007.

1. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Hi guys, I'm having some trouble with a graphics driver so if any of you guys have some suggestions it would be great.

Basically I formatted a mates windows 98 and installed win2k. When I check device manager it tells me I'm missing a graphics driver but I've been trying for the best part of today to find that driver with no luck.

There is no name on the case of this pc and it's old enough as windows 98 was installed on it but I use a software called "Everest" to find out details about my pc's......so here's the run down on this.

Motherboard name: Soyo 5EMA+1.0
    Chipset: VIA VT82C598 Apollo MVP3
    Display:Rendition Verite 1000 (Creative 3d Blaster)

I've tried updating the chipset and graphics with no luck so as I said, any suggestions would be greatfully appreiciated.

Thanks
    Sandisk

2. FoxForce5

FoxForce5 Member

I'm assuming you have some access to torrent sites?

If so, then download 'DriverMagic' the full version, it'll scan the PC & install the correct graphics driver. I had to use it for that exact purpose myself. Be warned though, it doesnt ALWAYS get exactly the right driver, just 90% of the time, so I'd only use it when you've no other way of finding the correct driver (like this situation!).

Hope this helps.

3. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Thanks for the reply FoxForce5, but I didn't see your post in time lol...I'm just after replacing the graphics card. I had an old one lying around so I just used that.

Thanks for the reply anyway mate :)

Sandisk

4. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

You could try this
    website.It has many graphic drivers.Hopefully it will have the one your looking for.
    Hope this helps! :)

5. bulldogz

bulldogz Guest

Oh sorry.Im a bit late.Didn't read your last post.
    :)