1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three new console forum rooms opened

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Jan 13, 2006.

1. mkaseatgb

mkaseatgb Regular member

I dont mean close all gaming threads down, just merely link them to blasteroids.com. Its a gaming forum made by dRD, but it only has a few members, and half of them are spammers. The gaming threads on this site are stopping users from going to blasteroids. Why should someone ask a question, or even start a flaming war, on a thread where only 2 members will read it when they can post here and get hundreds of people to view it?

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

My outlook is that there is a clash because [bold]most[/bold] of the people who post in the games forums are n00bs. This is a tech forum, but most of 'em treat it like a free-for-all, and a free-for-all is effectively what it is...

But if all the n00bs were carted off on their merry way to blasteroids, then the moderating team could then concentrate on them over there. I don't think it's fair that tech-minded people, and tech-minded moderators have to deal with all the stuff that goes on in the gaming forums. Whilst Creaky or ddp is telling someone (some individuals umpteen times) off for constant rulebreaking and pathetic juvenility, there will always be those poor members (maybe potential Addicts) that may not come back because their question in another forum was unanswered...

3. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

No worries guys... I can see both sides to this, and I agree with almost everything said - I think one thing we can all agree on though, is that something needs to be done.... all credit to dRD, the admin and mods, they do a brilliant job :)

..and I don't mean it to sound like complaining, but it seems like the bad apples are spoiling the bunch sometimes and people get fed-up with it and move on. I have known a fair amount of people that have left because they can't stand the arguing, pointless threads and end on end of people asking the same questions over and over again.... I understand that people have to be newbs at some point, but even after you tell them all about the search feature, stickies, guides etc.. they can't be bothered to read for themselves and want the answers now!! .... I hate that with a vengeance, and could easily live with the gaming forums being shut down then!!!... but who's to say they wouldn't migrate onto the dvd forums in the futile search for their questions.

Anyway, I'm off to try and help some more newbs for a while... later guys :)

4. Magri101

Magri101 Regular member

5. Lethal_B

Magri101, what's with the pointless post?

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

think he's trying to pad it personally

7. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

blatant attempt at increasing post count

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

well at this rate it would matter if they are pointless..............watch out for the nero-nator

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2006
  9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i got ears like a bat, me :O

10. droogie01

droogie01 Member

agreed there are alot of completly and lazy posts .... but that doesnt mean that there cant be any any posts whos sole purpose is to squeze a giggle or two outa people as long as its posted as such and in the right place "general discussion , all other topics"

if you dont agree with me please dont ban me lol i love this site!

11. Lethal_B

Ah man, we got some pretty, how do I phrase this, [bold]active[/bold] moderators, but there is no way they will ban you for making a point, as long as it's not offensive or directed at anyone. ;-)

Not like over at the iPod forum, the newbies there are fantstic! :)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/300082

You give them a kind, helping hand, and they respond! :)

12. andmerr

andmerr Guest

GLAD I DONT HAVE TO MOD THERE LETHAL........there crazy in that forum

13. droogie01

droogie01 Member

....jsut kidding ^o)

14. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

At least that guy was fairly well worded and polite, albeit long winded. But I think that got dragged out a little to long. I would have to say most of the people in the iPod forum are alright, outside of the ones that think saying HELP about 18 times and accidently having their ! and ? keys stuck helps get the answer faster.

I think that should be a rule, no HELP!!!!!11!!! type things in the topic of the thread. That is certaintly my top pet peeve about the forums here [not that it's different anywhere else].

15. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

droogie01,
    isnt your signature a bit over sized (over the limit)?

im suprised a moderator hasnt said anythink yet...

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

indeed, cheers for spotting it

17. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

no probs,

but you couldnt really miss it lol

18. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hi Lethal.. Maybe it was a sig test? Seeing as how one of the links is still broken it's a possibility. Or a futile attempt to not be a junior by padding. It's strange how people decide to post in a long dead thread. What's the point in that anyway? [​IMG] perhaps? Here I go..rambling off again. Gah! I must be getting old **now where's me teesh!If I could find me glasses maybe I'd have a chance** lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2006
  19. peter1990

peter1990 Guest

hay guys check out igotbanned-askmehow.com,its a great site for all ur needs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2006
  20. mgkilla34

mgkilla34 Guest

edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007