1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

three subtitles all saying the same thing, all overlapping

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by bugrit, Mar 28, 2009.

1. bugrit

bugrit Member

Hi,
    This started off as an MKV file, with subtitles, personally I don't like mkv, so I converted the movie into an AVI. But the subtitles disappeared.

So using "MKVEWizard" I extracted the subs from the mkv file into an SRT file. I put the srt file into the same directory as my avi file.

The subs. showed up "great", unfortunately, so did two other layers of the same words. Although in a different font, as I said in the title above, "all over lapping".

Has anyone got ANY ideas as to how I can get the avi to show one set of subs, the embedded subs, so I don't have to use the srt file.

Or anything that will make the player (Media Player Classic Homecinema) show only one set of subs. Thanks in advance.

notonly.

2. attar

attar Senior member

If DirectVOBSub is installed it might be trying to show the subtitles.
    If there is a green arrow showing up on the Taskbar during playback, right click on it and hide the subtitles.

3. bugrit

bugrit Member

Thanks I'll give it a go.

4. bugrit

bugrit Member

As Harry Enfield used to say "That's the way to do it". Thankyou very much attar.

5. attar

attar Senior member

Okey-dokey.