1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thumbnail view in windows explorer

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mr_bobbas, Jan 27, 2007.

1. mr_bobbas

mr_bobbas Member

After innstalling nero 7.7.5.1 i am not able to view thumbnails of my videofiles in explorer. Now it shows only media player icon instead. Thumbnails on picturefiles is working fine.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  2. djblobby

djblobby Member

I to have had the same trouble. All my video file thumbnails are just media player avi & mpg icons.:-(

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Have you gone to the view option and selected Thumbnails?

If that doesn't help, perhaps the "customize this folder" option. There is a restore default button that might help, but I am not sure exactly what it does.

During the install, Nero probably took over some of the file associations and maybe changed something else.

I will try mine later this afternoon.

4. mr_bobbas

mr_bobbas Member

Yes. I tried all that. I have removed every associations wiht Nero and restored it with windows mediaplayer, but it is till the same..

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

OK, I can't recommend this without a very stern warning about not messing with your registry or else severe problems might arise.

Once that is said, check out the site below. I have done my .avi entry and it seems to work. I did mine by hand and did not use the merge factor.

http://shellrevealed.com/forums/post/5568.aspx

I also changed the default to wmplayer, but I don't know if that is necessary.