1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

time for new software?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bafukie, Apr 26, 2005.

1. bafukie

bafukie Member

Hi there,

Been using dvd decrypter for a while now and ran into the Semaphore Timeout Issue which i was directed to the dvd decrypter forum and seem to haf no solution for me. I tried changing the usb port (im using laptop), tried finding the updated firmware for my NEC 3520A (no updates available yet). I bound to have 1 dvd rendered useless by this problem with the ratio of around 6 success: 1 failure due to this problem. is there any other software that is as simple and stable to use like dvd decrypter?

2. calhounm

calhounm Guest

for backing up a dvd I just use dvd shrink then nero

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

bafukie,
    You can try AnyDVD( 21 day free trial)

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I personally don't have this but some like Smartripper.

5. bafukie

bafukie Member

car mike: i thought anydvd is just a program for you to watch dvds that are encode with restricted region. is it a program for me to burn dvd as well?

calhounm: i cant use dvd shrink to process an iso file as some of the dvds that i burned are data dvds.

Is it possible for me to create an iso file using dvd decrypter and then use nero to burn the file instead? If not how do i create an iso file that i can burn with nero. i need a software that i can copy my dvd into my hard drive which makes dvd burning less time consuming.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  6. calhounm

calhounm Guest

it is a program that alows you to recode or burn a copyrighted dvd it is not a burner program. it runs in the background while you use your ripping program and keeps it from seeing the copyright so it will not give you an error saying that it cannot read the disc. Run anydvd then open the disc with dvd shrink (or =) then burn with nero... try this then report the errors back here and we will see what we have

7. calhounm

calhounm Guest

for data dvd's run anydvd then use decrypter if that is working for you then burn using nero these two options should solve your problems but let us know if there is something else

I only like dvd shrink because it compresses but I understand with your setup that it is not always possible I have more ideas if this doesn't work