1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time is something I have not

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Mayer, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Mayer

Mayer Member

Hello there, this is my first posting on this great site but I really need some help on working in the right direction.
    I am trying to transfer a home movie from my Digi cam to my nice new DVD burner, but i cannot get my head around why it takes so long to do this. I am not interested yet in menu's etc, I am not that expierienced. Surely there is a simple way to do this. I use Adobe Premier Pro 7 to transfer the dv to pc via firewire, no problem, the avi is made up of 16 clips totalling around 90 minutes veiwing, Adobe then spent three and a half hours to convert it and it left me with two files one sound (wave) the other a m2v file, after re introducing these files to the timeline it and selecting export to dvd I gave up after it was rendering for nearly 6 hours. I now sit here waiting for this conversion process to rendered again (hopefully to MPEG2) using Ulead Vid Studio 6 and then assume another long period converting to dvd. After temerarilly using up over 20 gb of hard drive space and aruond 15 hours of my time is there a simpler way to create one and a half hours home movie DVD....now, where did i put those pills???

2. koola

koola Guest

3. Mayer

Mayer Member

Ahh, sorry, seems I cannot even get this right..

Cheers

4. koola

koola Guest

No problem :D

5. nobbi1977

nobbi1977 Member

Use tempeng auther to make a menu, it will out put a format you can burn straight to disk