1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TimeStamping

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mikey77, Apr 6, 2003.

1. mikey77

mikey77 Member

Hi Folks. Seems I have an issue with Nero 5.5.9 maybe. Any backups that I make with DVD Decrypter play flawlessly on any machine I've tried them on.
    But if I go thru the process of SmartRipper and then Dvd2One to make a backup, or if I just simply make a homemade dvd of my family movies that I edit in MyDvd, I have to burn them to dvd with Nero, and they seem to play ok, but the time duration doesnt show, just --/--/-- on thte dvd player.
    Originally I thought it might just have been the way I was designing my homemade dvds that was the issue, but even the backups that were made with smartripper and dvd2one are doing the same thing.
    What seems to happen when I use Nero 5.5.9 to author these dvds is that it loses the timestamp, the timeframe on the actual dvd player that is read from the dvd itself, and shown on the front of the standalone player... as I get when nero burns is --/--/--
    The ones I make with Dvd Decrypter keep the time stamp, but any dvd I make with nero, for some reason time doesnt get written to the dvd itself....
    So with that, the dvd plays no problem in my standalone dvd player, but when I forward ahead chapters, instead of showing t1 c3, etc, it just shows each chapter as chapter 1.. and Also, because of the lack of time stamp, these dvds will play in programs like winwdvd, etc.. but not in PC-DVD, cause that program requires the time stamp to read... I like to use that program cause it allows me to reroute the signal to my tv instead of my monitor.
    Can Anyone please offer me some help with this, please?

2. mikey77

mikey77 Member

HI again,
    For anyone that might be interested, I did A LOT of research on this issue, and found out that it was the Nero program causing the issue.. I tried an experiment using "Gear Pro Professional Edition", and the timestamping issue was solved. Now the backup dvds will play on the standalone players, ps2's, win dvd, and the one that had all the problems, PC-DVD.
    All is fine now with this new program!

3. Digital-x

Digital-x Member

i haven't got any problem using nero.. no one problem... i'm the only 1?

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I use

Smartripper 2.41
    DVD2one v.1.11
    Nero 5.5.9.9.

and have never had these time non appearances on the DVD display...