1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tiscali help please

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jackhamme, Mar 30, 2005.

1. jackhamme

jackhamme Member

my m8's on tiscali before they upgraded him he use to get his maximum download speeds but now hes on 1mb his download speed is anywhere between 1kb-7kbps when he downloads like abc of a driver he gets 120+kbps
    hes phoned up tiscali to find out why hes speeds are slow and are they blooking ports and they said no it mybe the whatever sites blocking ports but we have treid most sites and its the same slow speeds on all

dos anyone now if there blocking bittorrent ports or dos anyone now how to sort this out as i set it up like i have mine and mine allways downloads at maximum speeds but i'm not with tiscali

he is useing abc 3.0
    sp2 windows fire wall
    avg free edition antivirus

Thanks in advance
    jackhammer

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

have him setup his tower in place of yours to see if he has a software problem or tiscali problem

3. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Dont use windows firewall its sh*t

4. skywalkr

skywalkr Guest

i suffer the same problem as jackhamme its really pissing me off, so i thought the only way to get my max downloads back was to go downgrade to 512 seen as i always got max downloads before i upgraded but no such luck someone please help!