1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmp.vbs file not foud on startup - Please help

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by cralford, Aug 18, 2008.

1. cralford

cralford Member

I recently got FakeAlert.N virus. At least thats what CA anti-virus protection called it. CA no longer detects the virus but I seem to have many leftover issues from the infection.

1 of my major problems was I could no longer do MS updates nor could I do CA updates. MS eventually had me download fixwareout and this took care of the DNS issues preventing me from doin the updates.

I then installed SP3 and the remaining critical update. I uploaded the latest CA signatore file and have ran a virus and spyware scan from the safemode after disabling system restore. It shows everything as clean.

Sorry, I guess I should mention I am running Windows XP Media OS. I have disabled system resore

These are my remaining symptoms

1. I get the missing tmp.vbs on startup
    2. I have a bright blue background with Yellow box stating Spyware was detected on my computer and to install an anti-virus or spyware remover to clean my sytem.
    3. every 600 seconds I go to a a screensaver that tries to convince me my sytem has encounterd a major error and is restarting.
    4. control panel -> Appearance and Themes is missing the desktop backgroud and the choose a screensaver options under pick a task
    5. control panel -> Appearance and Themes -> Display is missing the esktop and Screensaver options

I have mot made any changes to the registry othere than what fixwareout did. I did not want to cloud the issues any more than they already are.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi cralford,

From your description I would say that you have a Rogue Antivirus 2008 infection and several Trojans with a possible Rootkit.

In order to clean all of this will take several posts so don’t become discouraged if the first ones don’t seem to work.

Download and rename TrendMicro HijackThis.exe (HJT)

• Double-click on HJTInstall.
    • Click on the Install button.
    • It will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe.

• Upon install, HijackThis should open for you.
    Close HijackThis and rename it.

• Go to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.exe
    • Right click on HijackThis.exe and select Rename.
    • Type in cralford.exe and Enter.

Right-click on cralford.exe and select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut)
    • From the desktop open Hijackthis. (aka cralford.exe)

If using Windows Vista, Right-click and Run As Administrator.

• Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button
    • Hijackthis will scan and then a log will open in notepad.
    Copy and then paste the entire contents of the log in your next post.

Do not have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Although we have renamed Hijackthis to cralford.exe, we will still refer to it as Hijackthis or HJT.

Next:

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be found here: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

• Please post the MBAM Log and a fresh HJT log in your next reply.
    Please scan the HijackThis log After running MBAM.

2OG

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  3. cralford

cralford Member

Thank you 2oldgeek. I am in way over my head. I am assuming its ok to keep the ca antivirus and spyware tools running while I am doing this. If not let me know and I will stop them next round.

When we are done with this I am going to ask what would be the best steps to prevent this from happening in the future and what you might suggest for a complete disk restore program. A friend suggested ghost.

Original HJT log

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 11:19:50 PM, on 8/18/2008
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
    C:\Program Files\APC\APC PowerChute Personal Edition\mainserv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
    C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfsem.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spam\QSP-5.1.18.0\QOELoader.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
    C:\Program Files\RSSoft\RedSwoosh.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
    C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
    C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
    C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    C:\Program Files\Audible\Bin\AudibleDownloadHelper.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sierra\Planner\Plnrnote.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ymsgr_tray.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
    C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
    C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Encarta\Encarta World English Dictionary 2001\QSHLFED.EXE
    C:\Program Files\APC\APC PowerChute Personal Edition\systray.exe
    C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\soffice.exe
    C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\soffice.BIN
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\cralford.exe.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccupdate\CCUpdate.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://bfc.myway.com/search/de_srchlft.html
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm?rev=10298
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://as.starware.com/dp/search?x=...97YL2ntYOlOiujGBU5lG81jhVmoazY0E+ZHRYHSMf02c=
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
    R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - - (no file)
    R3 - URLSearchHook: SweetIM For Internet Explorer - {BC4FFE41-DE9F-46fa-B455-AAD49B9F9938} - C:\Program Files\Macrogaming\SweetIMBarForIE\toolbar.dll
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn3\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn3\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: SWEETIE - {1A0AADCD-3A72-4b5f-900F-E3BB5A838E2A} - C:\PROGRA~1\MACROG~1\SWEETI~1\toolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn3\yt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: SweetIM For Internet Explorer - {BC4FFE41-DE9F-46fa-B455-AAD49B9F9938} - C:\Program Files\Macrogaming\SweetIMBarForIE\toolbar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdypp.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdypp.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cctray] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QOELOADER] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spam\QSP-5.1.18.0\QOELoader.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cafwc] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\cafw.exe -cl
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfasem] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfupgrade] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfupgrade.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust Personal Firewall\ca.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Red Swoosh] C:\Program Files\RSSoft\RedSwoosh.exe /S
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igivm] "C:\Program Files\iGive__Shopping__Window\iGiveShoppingWindowv.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eTrustPPAP] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPActiveDetection.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ehTray] C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dscactivate] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9 -reboot 1
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
    O4 - Startup: HotSync Manager.LNK = C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe
    O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 2.4.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\quickstart.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: APC UPS Status.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Audible Download Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Audible\Bin\AudibleDownloadHelper.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Event Planner Reminders Tray Icon.lnk = ?
    O4 - Global Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broderbund\PrintMaster\PMremind.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Quick Shelf.lnk = ?
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Define - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: iGive Shopping Window - file://C:\Program Files\iGive__Shopping__Window\igivt\igivC5.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Look Up in &Encyclopedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Researcher - {9455301C-CF6B-11D3-A266-00C04F689C50} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\EROProj.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {fb5f1910-f110-11d2-bb9e-00c04f795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {fb5f1910-f110-11d2-bb9e-00c04f795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra button: iGive Shopping Window - {9B7E79AC-A646-4e45-A70F-1B3981FE370E} - file://C:\Program Files\iGive__Shopping__Window\igivt\igivC5.htm (file missing) (HKCU)
    O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab31267.cab
    O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {0742B9EF-8C83-41CA-BFBA-830A59E23533} (Microsoft Data Collection Control) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/MSDcode.cab
    O16 - DPF: {10093E98-C073-4C75-8D0E-FB5CD3A71D33} (ZoneUpwords Object) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Upwords.cab31267.cab
    O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab31267.cab
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
    O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www2.snapfish.com/SnapfishActivia.cab
    O16 - DPF: {44990301-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec Script Runner Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ss/sa/sa_cabs/tgctlsr.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4FE89055-5300-469E-AFAD-DEB3181EDE76} (PearsonAsstX Control) - http://www.mathxl.com/applets/PearsonInstallAsst.cab
    O16 - DPF: {6F750202-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Kodak Gallery Easy Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/BUM_WIN_IE_2/axofupld.cab
    O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
    O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab31267.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9AA73F41-EC64-489E-9A73-9CD52E528BC4} (ZoneAxRcMgr Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZAxRcMgr.cab
    O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMessengerSetupDownloader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab32846.cab
    O16 - DPF: {C432C4BD-3566-411C-8F3C-E5E0D3AE5D33} (CBrowser Class) - http://www.streamingfaith.com/common/mbrowser/MINIBrowser.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {C4847596-972C-11D0-9567-00A0C9273C2A} (Crystal Report Viewer Control) - http://crystal.petplace.com/viewers/activeXViewer/activexviewer.cab
    O16 - DPF: {C4DD6732-1E82-4AE7-BD94-180331B84082} (DeltaCVX Control) - http://www.mathxl.com/applets/DeltaCVX.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E06E2E99-0AA1-11D4-ABA6-0060082AA75C} (GpcContainer Class) - https://intercall.webex.com/client/T25L10NSP41EP2-INTERCALL/webex/ieatgpc.cab
    O23 - Service: APC UPS Service - American Power Conversion Corporation - C:\Program Files\APC\APC PowerChute Personal Edition\mainserv.exe
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: CaCCProvSP - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
    O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
    O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.7.801.1629 (GoogleDesktopManager-010108-205858) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service (ITMRTSVC) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
    O23 - Service: PPCtlPriv - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
    O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (dellsupportcenter) (sprtsvc_dellsupportcenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: SupportSoft RemoteAssist - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\supportsoft\bin\ssrc.exe
    O23 - Service: HIPS Event Manager (UmxAgent) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
    O23 - Service: HIPS Configuration Interpreter (UmxCfg) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
    O23 - Service: HIPS Firewall Helper (UmxFwHlp) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
    O23 - Service: HIPS Policy Manager (UmxPol) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
    O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe

--
    End of file - 19858 bytes

mbam log

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.25
    Database version: 1068
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

11:07:54 PM 8/18/2008
    mbam-log-08-18-2008 (23-07-54).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
    Objects scanned: 210028
    Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 23 minute(s), 18 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 10
    Registry Values Infected: 7
    Registry Data Items Infected: 2
    Folders Infected: 3
    Files Infected: 25

Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{87255c51-cd7d-4506-b9ad-97606daf53f3} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4d25f926-b9fe-4682-bf72-8ab8210d6d75} (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{4d25f920-b9fe-4682-bf72-8ab8210d6d75} (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{4d25f923-b9fe-4682-bf72-8ab8210d6d75} (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4d25f921-b9fe-4682-bf72-8ab8210d6d75} (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{4d25f921-b9fe-4682-bf72-8ab8210d6d75} (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{4d25f924-b9fe-4682-bf72-8ab8210d6d75} (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units\{9522b3fb-7a2b-4646-8af6-36e7f593073c} (Adware.Coupons) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Software Notifier (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Screensavers.com (Adware.Comet) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\URLSearchHooks\{4d25f926-b9fe-4682-bf72-8ab8210d6d75} (Adware.MyWay) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\svchost.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\lphc7uhj0ea7t (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\wallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\originalwallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\convertedwallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\scrnsave.exe (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispBackgroundPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispScrSavPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
    C:\Program Files\Screensavers.com (Adware.Comet) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Screensavers.com\Wallpaper (Adware.Comet) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\rhc3uhj0ea7t (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
    C:\Program Files\MyWaySA\SrchAsDe\1.bin\deSrcAs.dll (Adware.MyWay) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Program Files\Screensavers.com\Wallpaper\Philippines.jpg (Adware.Comet) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Screensavers.com\Wallpaper\swpstart.exe (Adware.Comet) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\rhc3uhj0ea7t\database.dat (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\rhc3uhj0ea7t\license.txt (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\rhc3uhj0ea7t\rhc3uhj0ea7t.exe.local (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\atmgr.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\blphc7uhj0ea7t.scr (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphc7uhj0ea7t.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\phc7uhj0ea7t.bmp (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.tt15.tmp (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.tt3.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.tt4.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.tt5.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.tt6.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.tt7.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.tt8.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.tt9.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.ttA.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.ttB.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.ttC.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.ttD.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.ttE.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Local Settings\Temp\.ttF.tmp (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

2nd HJT log

Scan saved at 11:19:50 PM, on 8/18/2008

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spam\QSP-5.1.18.0\QOELoader.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\CAPPActiveProtection.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
    C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Encarta\Encarta World English Dictionary 2001\QSHLFED.EXE
    C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccupdate\CCUpdate.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://bfc.myway.com/search/de_srchlft.html
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sp/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm?rev=10298
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.com/customize/ie/defaults/sb/msgr7/*http://www.yahoo.com/ext/search/search.html
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://as.starware.com/dp/search?x=...97YL2ntYOlOiujGBU5lG81jhVmoazY0E+ZHRYHSMf02c=
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
    R3 - URLSearchHook: SweetIM For Internet Explorer - {BC4FFE41-DE9F-46fa-B455-AAD49B9F9938} - C:\Program Files\Macrogaming\SweetIMBarForIE\toolbar.dll
    R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn3\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn3\yt.dll
    O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: SWEETIE - {1A0AADCD-3A72-4b5f-900F-E3BB5A838E2A} - C:\PROGRA~1\MACROG~1\SWEETI~1\toolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
    O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\3.0.1225.9868\swg.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn3\yt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: SweetIM For Internet Explorer - {BC4FFE41-DE9F-46fa-B455-AAD49B9F9938} - C:\Program Files\Macrogaming\SweetIMBarForIE\toolbar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdypp.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdypp.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cctray] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QOELOADER] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spam\QSP-5.1.18.0\QOELoader.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CAVRID] "C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cafwc] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\cafw.exe -cl
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfasem] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [capfupgrade] C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfupgrade.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust Personal Firewall\ca.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igivm] "C:\Program Files\iGive__Shopping__Window\iGiveShoppingWindowv.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [eTrustPPAP] "C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPActiveDetection.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dscactivate] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DellSupportCenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P DellSupportCenter
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" AcRdB7_0_9 -reboot 1
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
    O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 2.4.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\quickstart.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Audible Download Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Audible\Bin\AudibleDownloadHelper.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broderbund\PrintMaster\PMremind.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Kodak EasyShare software.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: KODAK Software Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Define - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: iGive Shopping Window - file://C:\Program Files\iGive__Shopping__Window\igivt\igivC5.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Look Up in &Encyclopedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Encarta Encyclopedia - {2FDEF853-0759-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_ENC.HTM
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Define - {5DA9DE80-097A-11D4-A92E-006097DBED37} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\A\ERS_DEF.HTM
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: Researcher - {9455301C-CF6B-11D3-A266-00C04F689C50} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Reference 2001\EROProj.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {B205A35E-1FC4-4CE3-818B-899DBBB3388C} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Encarta Search Bar\ENCSBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {fb5f1910-f110-11d2-bb9e-00c04f795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {fb5f1910-f110-11d2-bb9e-00c04f795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra button: iGive Shopping Window - {9B7E79AC-A646-4e45-A70F-1B3981FE370E} - file://C:\Program Files\iGive__Shopping__Window\igivt\igivC5.htm (file missing) (HKCU)
    O16 - DPF: {00B71CFB-6864-4346-A978-C0A14556272C} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab31267.cab
    O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {0742B9EF-8C83-41CA-BFBA-830A59E23533} (Microsoft Data Collection Control) - https://support.microsoft.com/OAS/ActiveX/MSDcode.cab
    O16 - DPF: {10093E98-C073-4C75-8D0E-FB5CD3A71D33} (ZoneUpwords Object) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Upwords.cab31267.cab
    O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab31267.cab
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
    O16 - DPF: {406B5949-7190-4245-91A9-30A17DE16AD0} (Snapfish Activia) - http://www2.snapfish.com/SnapfishActivia.cab
    O16 - DPF: {44990301-3C9D-426D-81DF-AAB636FA4345} (Symantec Script Runner Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/ss/sa/sa_cabs/tgctlsr.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
    O16 - DPF: {4FE89055-5300-469E-AFAD-DEB3181EDE76} (PearsonAsstX Control) - http://www.mathxl.com/applets/PearsonInstallAsst.cab
    O16 - DPF: {6F750202-1362-4815-A476-88533DE61D0C} (Kodak Gallery Easy Upload Manager Class) - http://www.kodakgallery.com/downloads/BUM/BUM_WIN_IE_2/axofupld.cab
    O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
    O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab31267.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9AA73F41-EC64-489E-9A73-9CD52E528BC4} (ZoneAxRcMgr Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZAxRcMgr.cab
    O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMessengerSetupDownloader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab32846.cab
    O16 - DPF: {C432C4BD-3566-411C-8F3C-E5E0D3AE5D33} (CBrowser Class) - http://www.streamingfaith.com/common/mbrowser/MINIBrowser.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {C4847596-972C-11D0-9567-00A0C9273C2A} (Crystal Report Viewer Control) - http://crystal.petplace.com/viewers/activeXViewer/activexviewer.cab
    O16 - DPF: {C4DD6732-1E82-4AE7-BD94-180331B84082} (DeltaCVX Control) - http://www.mathxl.com/applets/DeltaCVX.cab
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E06E2E99-0AA1-11D4-ABA6-0060082AA75C} (GpcContainer Class) - https://intercall.webex.com/client/T25L10NSP41EP2-INTERCALL/webex/ieatgpc.cab
    O23 - Service: APC UPS Service - American Power Conversion Corporation - C:\Program Files\APC\APC PowerChute Personal Edition\mainserv.exe
    O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
    O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
    O23 - Service: CaCCProvSP - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\ccprovsp.exe
    O23 - Service: CAISafe - Computer Associates International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\ISafe.exe
    O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.7.801.1629 (GoogleDesktopManager-010108-205858) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
    O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
    O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service (ITMRTSVC) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
    O23 - Service: PPCtlPriv - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe
    O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (dellsupportcenter) (sprtsvc_dellsupportcenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: SupportSoft RemoteAssist - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\supportsoft\bin\ssrc.exe
    O23 - Service: HIPS Event Manager (UmxAgent) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe
    O23 - Service: HIPS Configuration Interpreter (UmxCfg) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe
    O23 - Service: HIPS Firewall Helper (UmxFwHlp) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxFwHlp.exe
    O23 - Service: HIPS Policy Manager (UmxPol) - CA - C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe
    O23 - Service: VET Message Service (VETMSGNT) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\VetMsg.exe

--
    End of file - 19858 bytes

4. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

@ cralford,

1.) Uninstall some programs

Click on start >>control panel>>add remove programs
    click on the following programs and click on remove

iGiveShopping or iGiveShoppingWindowv or anything that is real close to that.

IF you do not find the above program THEN use windows explorer and delete the following Folder:

C:\Program Files\iGive__Shopping__Window

2.) Fix entries using HiJackThis

Launch HiJackThis
    Click the Do a system scan only button
    Put a check next to the entries listed below (if they still remain)

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://as.starware.com/dp/search?x=wKX1I...0E+ZHRYHSMf02c=

IMPORTANT: Do NOT click fix until you exit all browser sessions including the one you are reading in right now
    Click the Fix checked button and close HiJackThis

Now to see if any of those Trojans are left over..

Download ComboFix from Here

Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".

• Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
    • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post the Combofix log and a HiJackthis log in your next reply

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall.

Extra-Note: Please, DO NOT use ComboFix on your own. It is a very powerful tool designed to deal with sophisticated infections and if something goes wrong or you use it incorrectly, you could possibly lose the use of your computer. It is ONLY meant to be used under the direct supervision of a malware removal specialist.

TNX
    2OG

5. cralford

cralford Member

Hi 2OG

before I go too far I wanted to let you know that the add/remove programs will not remove the "IGive Shopping Window".

Is it safe to just remove the
    C:\Program Files\iGive__Shopping__Window folder or is it going to be more involovrd than that?

I didn't want to continue unless I was sure about proceedding with this task.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

6. cralford

cralford Member

I will clarify the above statement. The program does exist in the add/remove list but when I click change/remove the wheel turns for about 7 seconds and disappears but the program is still there. I did reboot just to see if it might be gone when the box came back up but it was still there.

7. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

They are trying to keep you from deleting it [​IMG]

Just attempt to delete the folder and then fix the HJT line.

If it objects to the deletion of the folder, let me know and we'll get a Bigger Gun. : )

8. cralford

cralford Member

Hopefully we are doing great.

We = You

Thanks so much for your assistance

output from combofix

ComboFix 08-08-18.05 - cralford 2008-08-19 11:33:34.1 - NTFSx86
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.455 [GMT -4:00]
    Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
    * Created a new restore point

WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED !!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Documents and Settings\cralford.SPAREROOM\Cookies\cralford@servedby.advertising[1].txt
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford.SPAREROOM\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media\10.0\WMSDKNSD.XML
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\TCMJCHSW\interclick.com
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\TCMJCHSW\interclick.com\ud.sol
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#interclick.com
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#interclick.com\settings.sol
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Cookies\cralford@ai.vmware[2].txt
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Cookies\cralford@ehg-nestleusainc.hitbox[1].txt
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Cookies\cralford@hermes.rr[2].txt
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Cookies\cralford@photobucket[3].txt
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Cookies\cralford@www35.vzw[2].txt
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\UserData
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\UserData\8TEVCLMV\oWindowsUpdate[1].xml
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\UserData\8TEVCLMV\oWindowsUpdate[2].xml
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\UserData\G1AF4XQZ\IsOnIE6tbPromo[1].xml
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\UserData\G1AF4XQZ\oasUserData[1].xml
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\UserData\index.dat
    C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\UserData\OH6JCT2N\dmtstore[1].xml
    C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\ODCTOOLS
    C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\ODCTOOLS\~t83.tmp
    C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\setup.inf
    C:\WINDOWS\Sysvxd.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-07-19 to 2008-08-19 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-08-18 21:37 . 2008-08-18 21:37 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Application Data\Malwarebytes
    2008-08-18 21:37 . 2008-08-18 21:37 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes
    2008-08-18 21:37 . 2008-08-17 15:01 38,472 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
    2008-08-18 21:37 . 2008-08-17 15:01 17,144 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
    2008-08-18 21:36 . 2008-08-18 21:37 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    2008-08-18 21:14 . 2008-08-18 21:14 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
    2008-08-18 14:10 . 2008-08-19 10:54 54,156 --ah----- C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.qfn
    2008-08-18 14:10 . 2008-08-18 14:10 1,409 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\QTFont.for
    2008-08-17 17:51 . 2008-08-17 17:51 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\LastGood.Tmp
    2008-08-17 16:06 . 2008-08-17 16:06 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\scripting
    2008-08-17 16:05 . 2008-08-17 16:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\en
    2008-08-17 16:05 . 2008-08-17 16:05 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\bits
    2008-08-17 16:05 . 2008-08-17 16:06 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\l2schemas
    2008-08-17 15:56 . 2008-08-17 16:07 <DIR> d-------- C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles
    2008-08-17 15:30 . 2008-04-13 20:12 1,737,856 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\mtxparhd.dll
    2008-08-17 15:29 . 2008-04-13 20:11 397,312 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmcex.dll
    2008-08-17 15:28 . 2004-08-03 22:41 1,041,536 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\hsfdpsp2.sys
    2008-08-17 15:27 . 2008-04-13 20:11 136,192 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\aaclient.dll
    2008-08-17 15:27 . 2008-04-13 20:11 4,255 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\adv01nt5.dll
    2008-08-17 15:27 . 2008-04-13 20:11 3,967 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\adv02nt5.dll
    2008-08-17 15:27 . 2008-04-13 20:11 3,775 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\adv11nt5.dll
    2008-08-17 15:27 . 2008-04-13 20:11 3,711 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\adv09nt5.dll
    2008-08-17 15:27 . 2008-04-13 20:11 3,647 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\adv07nt5.dll
    2008-08-17 15:27 . 2008-04-13 20:11 3,615 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\adv05nt5.dll
    2008-08-17 15:27 . 2008-04-13 20:11 3,135 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\adv08nt5.dll
    2008-08-17 14:36 . 2008-08-17 15:17 <DIR> d-------- C:\fixwareout
    2008-08-17 14:28 . 109,150 C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\f0b9f792.sys
    2008-08-16 18:22 . 2008-08-16 18:21 880,560 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vetefile.sys
    2008-08-16 18:22 . 2008-08-16 18:21 108,368 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\veteboot.sys
    2008-08-15 18:59 . 2008-08-19 10:51 73,250 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kmxcfg.u2k0
    2008-08-15 18:59 . 2008-08-19 10:51 64 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kmxcfg.u2k7
    2008-08-15 18:59 . 2008-08-19 10:51 64 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kmxcfg.u2k6
    2008-08-15 18:59 . 2008-08-19 10:51 64 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kmxcfg.u2k5
    2008-08-15 18:59 . 2008-08-19 10:51 64 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kmxcfg.u2k4
    2008-08-15 18:59 . 2008-08-19 10:51 64 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kmxcfg.u2k3
    2008-08-15 18:59 . 2008-08-19 10:51 64 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kmxcfg.u2k2
    2008-08-15 18:59 . 2008-08-19 10:51 64 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kmxcfg.u2k1
    2008-08-15 18:53 . 2008-08-15 18:53 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\CA
    2008-08-15 18:53 . 2007-08-20 13:37 99,592 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\isafeif.dll
    2008-08-15 18:53 . 2007-08-20 13:26 79,424 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\vetredir.dll
    2008-08-15 18:53 . 2007-08-20 13:37 75,016 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\isafprod.dll
    2008-08-15 18:53 . 2007-08-20 13:38 32,264 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vetmonnt.sys
    2008-08-15 18:53 . 2007-08-20 13:38 26,376 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vet-filt.sys
    2008-08-15 18:53 . 2007-08-20 13:38 21,512 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vetfddnt.sys
    2008-08-15 18:53 . 2007-08-20 13:38 21,128 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vet-rec.sys
    2008-08-14 16:54 . 2008-08-14 16:54 92,222,856 --a------ C:\SYM_REGISTRY_BACKUP.reg
    2008-08-14 09:19 . 2008-08-14 09:19 664 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d9caps.dat
    2008-08-13 17:58 . 2008-04-11 15:04 691,712 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\inetcomm.dll
    2008-08-13 17:58 . 2008-05-01 10:33 331,776 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\msadce.dll
    2008-07-25 12:12 . 2008-07-25 12:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\7-Zip

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    2008-08-19 14:56 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2
    2008-08-19 14:54 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\RSSoft
    2008-08-18 13:29 32,858 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Application Data\wklnhst.dat
    2008-08-14 07:11 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Help
    2008-07-27 03:31 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Java
    2008-07-19 02:10 94,920 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\cdm.dll
    2008-07-19 02:10 94,920 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\cdm.dll
    2008-07-19 02:10 53,448 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    2008-07-19 02:10 53,448 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wuauclt.exe
    2008-07-19 02:10 45,768 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups2.dll
    2008-07-19 02:10 36,552 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups.dll
    2008-07-19 02:10 36,552 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wups.dll
    2008-07-19 02:09 563,912 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll
    2008-07-19 02:09 563,912 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wuapi.dll
    2008-07-19 02:09 325,832 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wucltui.dll
    2008-07-19 02:09 325,832 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wucltui.dll
    2008-07-19 02:09 205,000 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuweb.dll
    2008-07-19 02:09 205,000 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wuweb.dll
    2008-07-19 02:09 1,811,656 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
    2008-07-19 02:09 1,811,656 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wuaueng.dll
    2008-07-19 02:07 270,880 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\mucltui.dll
    2008-07-19 02:07 210,976 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll
    2008-07-15 23:20 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scanner
    2008-07-15 23:14 --------- d-----w C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CA
    2008-07-07 20:26 253,952 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\es.dll
    2008-07-07 20:26 253,952 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\es.dll
    2008-06-24 23:10 256,528 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\UmxSbxw.dll
    2008-06-24 23:10 117,264 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\UmxSbxExw.dll
    2008-06-24 23:08 93,712 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KmxStart.sys
    2008-06-24 23:08 88,816 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KmxCfg.sys
    2008-06-24 23:08 66,576 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KmxSbx.sys
    2008-06-24 23:08 63,504 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KmxAgent.sys
    2008-06-24 23:08 45,584 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KmxFile.sys
    2008-06-24 23:08 134,648 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KmxCF.sys
    2008-06-24 23:08 115,216 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\KmxFw.sys
    2008-06-24 16:43 74,240 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\mscms.dll
    2008-06-24 16:43 74,240 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mscms.dll
    2008-06-24 14:57 3,592,192 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mshtml.dll
    2008-06-23 09:20 70,656 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\ie4uinit.exe
    2008-06-23 09:20 625,664 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iexplore.exe
    2008-06-23 09:20 13,824 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\ieudinit.exe
    2008-06-21 05:23 161,792 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\ieakui.dll
    2008-06-20 17:46 245,248 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\mswsock.dll
    2008-06-20 17:46 245,248 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mswsock.dll
    2008-06-20 17:46 147,968 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\dnsapi.dll
    2008-06-20 11:51 361,600 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
    2008-06-20 11:51 361,600 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\tcpip.sys
    2008-06-20 11:40 138,496 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\afd.sys
    2008-06-20 11:40 138,496 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\afd.sys
    2008-06-20 11:08 225,856 ----a-w C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip6.sys
    2008-06-20 11:08 225,856 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\tcpip6.sys
    2008-06-13 11:05 272,128 ------w C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\bthport.sys
    2008-01-02 11:52 124,288 ----a-w C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    *Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2008-04-13 20:12 15360]
    "Yahoo! Pager"="C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" [2007-06-07 14:08 4670968]
    "updateMgr"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe" [2006-03-30 17:45 313472]
    "swg"="C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe" [2008-07-18 17:53 68856]
    "MsnMsgr"="C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" [2007-10-18 12:34 5724184]
    "DellSupport"="C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" [2007-03-15 11:09 460784]
    "Aim6"="C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" [2006-11-07 11:29 50736]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "cctray"="C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\cctray\cctray.exe" [2007-08-16 22:19 177416]
    "QOELOADER"="C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spam\QSP-5.1.18.0\QOELoader.exe" [2008-08-15 18:53 14088]
    "CAVRID"="C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Virus\CAVRID.exe" [2007-08-20 13:36 230664]
    "cafwc"="C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\cafw.exe" [2008-08-16 18:21 1193200]
    "capfasem"="C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfasem.exe" [2008-08-16 18:21 173296]
    "capfupgrade"="C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Personal Firewall\capfupgrade.exe" [2008-08-16 18:21 259312]
    "TkBellExe"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" [2008-05-30 06:56 185896]
    "SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe" [2008-06-10 04:27 144784]
    "Red Swoosh"="C:\Program Files\RSSoft\RedSwoosh.exe" [2006-08-14 17:47 61325]
    "QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2008-03-28 23:37 413696]
    "iTunesHelper"="C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe" [2008-03-30 10:36 267048]
    "ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2004-07-27 17:50 81920]
    "ISUSPM Startup"="C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" [2004-07-27 16:50 221184]
    "Google Desktop Search"="C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" [2008-01-11 14:29 29744]
    "ehTray"="C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe" [2005-08-05 14:56 64512]
    "DVDLauncher"="C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe" [2005-02-23 17:19 53248]
    "dscactivate"="C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe" [2007-11-15 10:24 16384]
    "dla"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" [2005-03-16 05:33 127037]
    "DellSupportCenter"="C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" [2007-11-15 10:23 202544]
    "ATIPTA"="C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe" [2005-03-29 22:05 339968]
    "Adobe Photo Downloader"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exe" [2005-06-06 23:46 57344]
    "SigmatelSysTrayApp"="stsystra.exe" [2005-03-23 00:20 339968 C:\WINDOWS\STSYSTRA.EXE]

C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
    HotSync Manager.LNK - C:\Program Files\Palm\Hotsync.exe [2004-06-09 15:27:34 471040]
    OpenOffice.org 2.4.lnk - C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.4\program\quickstart.exe [2008-01-21 15:41:28 393216]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
    Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe [2005-09-23 23:05:26 29696]
    APC UPS Status.lnk - C:\Program Files\APC\APC PowerChute Personal Edition\Display.exe [2005-07-28 15:25:51 200833]
    Audible Download Manager.lnk - C:\Program Files\Audible\Bin\AudibleDownloadHelper.exe [2006-11-21 11:49:10 800352]
    Event Planner Reminders Tray Icon.lnk - C:\Program Files\Sierra\Planner\Plnrnote.exe [2007-02-11 14:00:51 184320]
    Event Reminder.lnk - C:\Program Files\Broderbund\PrintMaster\PMremind.exe [2005-08-21 16:27:16 323584]
    Kodak EasyShare software.lnk - C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak EasyShare software\bin\EasyShare.exe [2006-06-02 05:29:26 180224]
    KODAK Software Updater.lnk - C:\Program Files\Kodak\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\Kodak Software Updater.exe [2004-02-13 15:12:08 16423]
    Quick Shelf.lnk - C:\WINDOWS\Installer\{04001101-5D65-445A-B3B4-3DCE72BA0C6C}\ENCICONS.EXE [2006-01-17 23:07:33 11264]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
    "InstallVisualStyle"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles
    "InstallTheme"= C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Royale.theme

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\PFW]
    2007-05-18 13:30 79368 C:\WINDOWS\system32\UmxWNP.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\securityproviders]
    SecurityProviders msapsspc.dllschannel.dlldigest.dllmsnsspc.dll
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\C:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\C:\WINDOWS
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shared tools\msconfig\startupreg\C:\WINDOWS\system32

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\ca personal firewall]
    "DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\ComputerAssociatesAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\ZoneLabsFirewall]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile]
    "EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
    "%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\AOL\\Loader\\aolload.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Google\\Google Talk\\googletalk.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Yahoo!\\Messenger\\YServer.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\Kodak EasyShare software\\bin\\EasyShare.exe"=
    "%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\iTunes.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\ONENOTE.EXE"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Kodak\\KODAK Software Updater\\7288971\\Program\\Kodak Software Updater.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe"=
    "C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\livecall.exe"=

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\standardprofile\GloballyOpenPorts\List]
    "9420:TCP"= 9420:TCP:Red Swoosh
    "5000:UDP"= 5000:UDP:Red Swoosh

R0 KmxStart;KmxStart;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\kmxstart.sys [2008-06-24 19:08]
    R1 KmxAgent;KmxAgent;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\kmxagent.sys [2008-06-24 19:08]
    R1 KmxFile;KmxFile;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\KmxFile.sys [2008-06-24 19:08]
    R1 KmxFw;KmxFw;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\kmxfw.sys [2008-06-24 19:08]
    R2 KmxCF;KmxCF;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\KmxCF.sys [2008-06-24 19:08]
    R2 KmxSbx;KmxSbx;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\KmxSbx.sys [2008-06-24 19:08]
    R2 UmxAgent;HIPS Event Manager;C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxAgent.exe [2007-10-18 10:24]
    R2 UmxCfg;HIPS Configuration Interpreter;C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxCfg.exe [2007-10-18 10:24]
    R2 UmxPol;HIPS Policy Manager;C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\HIPSEngine\UmxPol.exe [2008-06-24 19:10]
    R3 KmxCfg;KmxCfg;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\kmxcfg.sys [2008-06-24 19:08]
    R3 PPCtlPriv;PPCtlPriv;C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\PPCtlPriv.exe [2007-08-16 21:10]
    S3 GoogleDesktopManager-010108-205858;Google Desktop Manager 5.7.801.1629;C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe [2008-01-11 14:29]
    S3 NAL;Nal Service ;C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\iqvw32.sys [2004-11-02 16:12]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{d1e947f1-a800-11da-8e62-00123f9a49cb}]
    \Shell\AutoRun\command - G:\setupSNK.exe

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{f8c4618d-a737-11dc-8edc-00123f9a49cb}]
    \shell\autorun\command - F:\setupSNK.exe

*Newly Created Service* - catchme
    Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder

2008-08-15 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\CAAntiSpywareScan_Daily as cralford at 6 53 PM.job
    - C:\Program Files\CA\CA Internet Security Suite\CA Anti-Spyware\CAAntiSpyware.exe [2007-08-16 21:10]
    - - - - ORPHANS REMOVED - - - -

HKLM-Run-C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdypp.exe - C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdypp.exe
    HKLM-Run-Zone Labs Client - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust Personal Firewall\ca.exe
    HKLM-Run-eTrustPPAP - C:\Program Files\CA\eTrust Internet Security Suite\eTrust PestPatrol Anti-Spyware\PPActiveDetection.exe
    MSConfigStartUp-kdypp - C:\WINDOWS\system32\kdypp.exe

------- Supplementary Scan -------
    FireFox -: Profile - C:\Documents and Settings\cralford\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\u2mclhp0.default\
    FireFox -: prefs.js - SEARCH.DEFAULTURL - hxxp://search.yahoo.com/search/?fr=ffsp1&p=
    FireFox -: prefs.js - STARTUP.HOMEPAGE - hxxp://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm
    FF -: plugin - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Common\npyaxmpb.dll
    FF -: plugin - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\browser\nppdf32.dll
    FF -: plugin - C:\Program Files\iTunes\Mozilla Plugins\npitunes.dll
    FF -: plugin - C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\NPcol305.dll
    FF -: plugin - C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npsnapfish.dll
    FF -: plugin - C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\npunagi2.dll
    FF -: plugin - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Shared\npYState.dll

catchme 0.3.1361 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
    Rootkit scan 2008-08-19 11:41:41
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
    hidden files: 0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\kdypp.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\kdypp.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\ControlSet001\Services\f0b9f792]
    "ImagePath"="\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\f0b9f792.sys"
    Completion time: 2008-08-19 11:44:58
    ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-08-19 15:44:36

Pre-Run: 100,616,409,088 bytes free
    Post-Run: 100,806,709,248 bytes free

Output from HJT

Scan saved at 11:55:32 AM, on 8/19/2008

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

--
    End of file - 18281 bytes

9. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

@cralford,

That deleted a lot of nasties but there a lot of strange files I must research.

It's gonna take me a while so please hang in there and I'll be back.. :p

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  10. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Congratulations cralford , your log now looks CLEAN [​IMG]

If you have no more problems follow these steps, otherwise let me know.

Here are a few other things you must do once you are completely clean:

1. Time for some housekeeping

Please download the OTMoveIt2 by OldTimer

Save it to your desktop.
    Run the tool by clicking on the icon.
    • Click the Cleanup button.

• The tools that we used as well as this one will be removed from your system.

2. Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
    This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.

• Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
    • Click the Empty Selected button.

• If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

• If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

• Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

3. Now Set a New Restore Point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Since System Restore is a protected directory, your tools can not access it to delete these bad files which sometimes can reinfect your system. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will help prevent this and enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state.

The easiest and safest way to do this is:

• Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools and click "System Restore".

• Choose the radio button marked "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next". Give the R.P. a name then click "Create". The new point will be stamped with the current date and time. Keep a log of this so you can find it easily should you need to use System Restore.

• Then go to Start > Run and type: Cleanmgr
    • Click "OK"
    Select the drive you want to clean usually C:
    Click OK
    When it completes the scan:
    • Click the "More Options" Tab.
    • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous restore points except the newly created one.

4. Defragment your Hard Drive

1.Open My Computer.
    2.Right-click the local disk volume that you want to defragment, and then click Properties.
    3.On the Tools tab, click Defragment Now.
    4.Click Defragment.

And here are some tips to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future:

Make sure you keep your Windows OS current by visiting Windows update
    regularly to download and install any critical updates and service packs. With out these you are leaving the backdoor open.

I strongly recommend installing the following applications:

In order to prevent the installation of Trojans and Malware on your machine:
    Download and install: http://www.comodo.com/boclean/boclean.html ]Comodo BOClean[/url]

Comodo BOClean protects your computer against trojans, malware and other threats. It constantly scans your system in the background and intercepts any recognized trojan activity. The program can ask the user what to do, or run in unattended mode and automatically shutdown and remove any suspected trojan application. Comodo BOClean currently supports more than 59000 malware items and offers automatic daily updates. Other features include updating via network share, tamper protection and stealth mode.

Spywareblaster <= SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed.

MVPS Hosts file <= The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know Malware sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer

Enjoy your clean computer. Any questions?

2OG

11. cralford

cralford Member

I can't thank you enough 2OG

I do have a couple of questions.

When I install the new antivirus and spyware, should I disable the like programs from CA? I have lost a lot of confidence in CA. Even if their software is good their support is lacking at best.

It could be partly my fault. I just assumed having the windows update automated to run nightly I would be getting all the critical updates. I did not realize the servive packs did not update automatically. Seems like I should have recieved notice I needed to install it but I use Firefox typically, Microsoft suggessted I remove it as it might be the reason I could not do updates. I will keep it in mind to check for service pack from time to time.

I am looking for a backup system. Something I can store on dvds and and hopefully do a complete sytem restore if I lose a disk or run into another situation such as this. A friend suggested ghost. Do you have any suggestions?

12. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

@cralford,

I’ll attempt to cover what I can but can’t go into much detail.

I use and recommend a layered protection plan that BLOCKS malware BEFORE it enters your computer.

Layer 1 - a Firewall - this can be a router with SPI (stateful packet inspection) or a 3rd party software firewall – comodo pro for the geeks and ZoneAlarm Free for the novice.

Layer 2 – a HOST file - This is the most important layer it blocks Bad Sites from being able to get into your computer – MVPS Host file only, for the novice and a combination of MVPS and HP Hosts with HostXpert.exe to manage them for the geeks.

Layer 3 – AntiVirus – Avira AntiVir for everyone – the free version has Nag screens but can be stopped by googling avira antivir nag disable – I like it better than any AV I’ve tried Free or Paid.

Layer 4 – Anti malware – Comodo BOClean – for everyone – for the paranoid I suggest a weekly scan with MalwareBytes’ AntiMalware or SUPERAnitSpyware or BOTH but, If you have this full plan in place you won’t need them.

Layer 5 – a HIPS – Host Intrusion Prevention Software – WinPatrol or if you’re using Comodo Pro Firewall you probably don’t need it.

For a backup system Ghost is ok but I prefer, use and recommend Acronis True Image Home.

As far as your updates, you have SP3 and there are no others out. Even if you use FireFox and have it set as the default browser, automatic updates will use IE to download them.
    In order to update manually goto > Start > all programs > Windows Update and that will take you to M$ updates using IE.

What else?
    2OG [​IMG]

13. cralford

cralford Member

I promise to leave you alone soon :)

I have downloaded your suggested applications.

My question is do I uninstall my CA Security Suite before installing the new applications?

If I do, can I unplug the network connection while I install the new apps? Is internet access required for installation?

I am a little concerned about picking up viruses/malware during the unprotected period while I am installing the new apps.

14. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Which applications will you be installing??

15. cralford

cralford Member

I have downloadeed

zonealarm (free)
    avira antivir
    comodo boclean
    Winpatrol

I installed MVPS hosts last night. I also downloaded spywareblaster but it was not on your list of 5 layer protection and has not been installed.

16. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

So you don’t loose your firewall protection:

1. turn on the windows firewall .. Start > Control Panel > Security Center > (at the bottom) Windows Firewall > click the (on) radio button

2. Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and uninstall your CA ..

3. Install Zone Alarm (it will disable the windows firewall)

4. Install Antivir

5. Install BOClean

6. Install WinPatrol

You said you installed the MVPS Hosts file. Did you set the DNS Client to Manual or Disabled?
    If not right click -> HERE
    Then click Save Link as… save to your desk top.
    Double click the Bat file and it will set the DNS Client to manual.

I don’t have SpywareBlaster in the plan but I do recommend it. It’s extra protection like wearing suspenders AND a belt because you can’t trust your pants. [​IMG]

2OG

17. cralford

cralford Member

Sorry for the silly questions. I am confused about the dnsmanual.bat.txt file. When I double-click it it opens a text file with two entries in it. Did that take care of setting dns to manual?

18. cralford

cralford Member

Never mind. I renamed it without the .txt and it became a batch file. I double clicked it and I think it said it was successful.

19. cralford

cralford Member

Major problems here

I want set ran the dnsmanual batch file. I then set the firewall to Microsoft and uninstalled the CA suite.

I tried to install zonealarm but the system kept hanging and the unresponsive installation would not die.

I powered down and came up in safe mode with networking

I installed zonealarm successfully but when I booted back into normal mode I can no longer access the internet.

Curiosity question about the batch file. I am assuming the order of the entries is correct.

sc config DNSCache start= demand
    sc stop DNSCache

I restored to a time previous to the ca uninsttall and I seem to have my connectivity back. I am running another uninstallof the CA suite now

20. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

That's just one of the reasons I had you set a clean restore point.
    They sure come in handy when something goes wrong.

Just got back from grabbing a bite to eat.

If you have more trouble with zonealarm...You can use something else. I think zonealarm just has a downloader and needs the net to install.

the batch file is correct. let me know how it comes out.