1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmp.vbs file not foud on startup - Please help

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by cralford, Aug 18, 2008.

1. cralford

cralford Member

Ccleaner seems to have everything listed and worked with the two programs I used it on.

I think we are in good shape 2oldgeek. You are the man!

Hey, in unix there is a diff command to compare two files and show the differences between text files. Is there something similar to that for windows?

I would like to export the registry and compare it to the previous exported registry just to get an idea whats there. No plans on changing things but it might give me a better idea how things are setup.

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

In Windows the command is COMP
    COMP.exe
    Compare two files (or sets of files). Display items which do not match.
    COMP [pathname1] [pathname2] [/D] [/A] [/L] [/N=number] [/C]

Your bringing back memories of my programming days. [​IMG]

Check this out -> http://www.ss64.com/nt/

I’m glad CCleaner worked for you, I thought it would but wasn't real sure.

3. cralford

cralford Member

Great link, thanks for the info and your assistance.

Yes, I have about 15 years unix experience and spent the last 10 primarily as a solaris admin with limited experience in HP-UX, AIX, SuSe and Redhat but I am clueless about the windows world and have only learned what I had to to keep our home pc running.

We had our own security department so I did not get too involved with that

Hey, is there any reason to add privacy software to the mix here or will the host.mvps take care of those issues.

4. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

@ cralford,

I don’t care to get into my background but this is my standard reply:

As far as privacy software goes, I don’t specifically use it. I do from time to time use a program called GhostSurf by Tenebril. It changes your IP address by going through anonymous servers thereby keeping you invisible on the net and stopping any un-invited malware downloads that you didn’t request. It also has other features that you might check out here. The SpyCatcher part is no good but the ghost surf is great! Drawback: it costs and I don't normally recommend anything that's not FREE.

2OG