1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPEG claims floating decimal point calcualtion order error

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dirtynbl, May 13, 2003.

1. dirtynbl

dirtynbl Guest

I have used TMPEGENC for years and never had a problem. Today when I went to merge and cut some MPEG-2 files of old TV shows that I planned to put on DVD TMPEG flips out. It claims that there is a floating decimal point calcualtion order error and won't load the mpg. Now I know for a fact that it is not a problem with the mpg files, because TMPEG would not even load MPEGs that it cut itself a few days ago. ANyone know how to fix this?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

click option - environmental setting, click the cpu tahb and unselect sse and sse-2, then click setting on the main tmpgenc screen and click the quantize matrix tab and make sure use floating point is off.

3. dirtynbl

dirtynbl Guest

now i get a "floating decimal point is divided by 0" error. Any further ideas?

4. Dela

and use floating point was definately disabled??

5. count

count Guest

So, did it work? I also get the same error message.

6. count

count Guest

sorry, I didn't mean to leave the same message twice.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2003
  7. Dela

Usually it works, for some people it only works if they disable mmx and mmx-2 aswell!!

8. dirtynbl

dirtynbl Guest

nope :( i continue to get a floating decimal point divide by 0 error or a calculation order error.

Is there another program as effecient at cutting MPEGs as TMPEG? I'd hate to have to throw these TV shows into Vegas to cut the commercials out and then re-render them.

9. dirtynbl

dirtynbl Guest

i still haven't gotten TMPEG to work. Perhaps I should ask another question. What can cause this problem to occur. I have used TMPEG for years (at least 2 on this computer) and never had a problem. I've done literally thousands of cuts of MPEG2 files in TMPEG without incident. Would the addition of some program/dll/hardware start screwing things up? If so perhaps an uninstall might help? Ahhhh!

10. Dela

I dont know what causes it to happen, same thing happened to me before when I used to use TMPGEnc!

11. dirtynbl

dirtynbl Guest

what do you use instead of tmpeg? is there another tool as efficient at cutting mpeg files?

12. Dela

I use CCE SP that doesnt cut though! lol or maybe it does i havent really gone into it too much!