1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPEG encoding problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by nathan77, Oct 26, 2004.

1. nathan77

nathan77 Member

I am encoding a video which is around 3 hrs long. I am following the "dvd to vcd with smartripper, dvd2avi and tmpgenc" instructions. I get to the point where I let tmpeg encode video with audio. After it is finished, the video has no audio. I followed instructions to the dot, anything I'm missing?

Any help, thanks.

-newbie Nate

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It's a problem of how you created the AVI (but I never ripped DVDs, so I don't know what you might have done). The easiest thing I know to solve this from the 'uncorrect' AVI, if the AVI has the sound, is to use WinMPG Video Convert, choose 'AVI to MPEG1'. For unregistered users, after 10 conversions, the movie will be ugly, but the audio will always be OK and usable by TMPGenc.
    You can use the audio by clicking on 'Browse' in TMPGenc main screen and selecting the WinMPG output file, or (it's more difficult) by demputiplexing the audio with TMPGenc's MPEG Tools (obtaining in this way a .MP2 audio file) and demputiplexing the video from the TMPGenc's file which has no sound (obtaining a .M2V file) then multiplexing the 2 files (audio+video) into a 'correct' and complete mpeg file (.MP2 + .M2V = .MPG).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004