1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ventrue21, Jul 30, 2002.

1. ventrue21

ventrue21 Guest

I am using TMPEnc to convert my files to VCD format. I don't have any problem with the convertion. I do have a question on if there is a program that will create a better quality or not, but my problem is with the mpeg tools. When I cut the video into two pieces so I can burn it to a CD-R the sound will stop half way through the movie. Now the original MPEG file works fine so I am really not sure what is going on.

Thanks

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

TMPGEnc is the best quality MPEG-1 encoder there is, so quality can't be topped from that by changing an encoder.

And for splitting, use our guide for MPEG-1/2 splitting in here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/

3. ventrue21

ventrue21 Guest

Thank you very much. I used the software you suggested and now when I try and play the second vcd the movie will stop a random spot on the disk. The first one plays fine, but I got a feeling I am still doing something wrong because the second mpeg/vcd is the one having the problems. I can play it fine on my computer.

Thank you

4. ventrue21

ventrue21 Guest

Update - New Info

I decided to split the movie up into more than 2 parts. I tried 4 parts and 1-3 worked fine. The problem was with the final part, as before it plays fine on the computer, about 3-5 minutes into the track it stops with no repsonse.

Thanks for all the help everyone.