1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPG Help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by sirrus, Mar 22, 2007.

1. sirrus

sirrus Guest

Hello
    Used this forum lots of times for help and advice so thought it was about time i joined, anyhow, when i used TMPG to change VOB to mpg2 it splits the audio and video,now, my qustion is- how do i merge them back together again so i can open them in nero,? so i can create a dvd?
    at the moment when i select 'add video files' in nero then find the newly created mpg file all i get is the video,no sound. if that makes sense:(
    Thanks for the help,and for this great site.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The answer is: authoring.

That is an 'authoring applications' can either:
    1) MPG (via demultiplexing into ES, first) ---> bups + ifos + VTS_01_#.VOB
    2) video (.M2V) + audio (.AC3, .MP2, .WAV) ---> bups + ifos + VTS_01_#.VOB

Actually, you can insert, for each movie you fit in a the DVD:
    1) one DVD video
    2) many audio tracks and
    3) many subtitles plus
    4) the desired position of the DVD chapters.

Let's call bups + ifos + VTS_01_#.VOB = 'VOB set'. Once you have the 'VOB' set, that is (for a simple 1-movie DVD):

video_ts_0.ifo
    video_ts_0.bup
    vts_01_1.vob
    vts_01_5.vob (in a DVD you'll fit 4.7 GB and VOB size cannot be larger than 1 Gb)

you can open Nero, choose [DVD] ---> DVD_Video and put that stuff in the video_ts folder of a DVD.

There are plenty of authoring applications. The only ones I know are:
    - IFO Edit (freeware); just make DVD---> DVD Author
    - DVD Lab (a little more compcated since also allows you to create menus), which is the only one I know which also can author (S)VCD MPG into a DVD , and is not limited to DVD MPG (720x576/480). It also accepts different resolutions: 480x576/480 for SVCD and 352x288/240 for VCD.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007