1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tmpge Audio static problems????

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by makaveli2, Apr 12, 2005.

1. makaveli2

makaveli2 Member

Hi my problem is i follow explicict instructions to convert an avi file to dvd video and everytimei get it to play on my dvd player with sound but its always staticy very much so. The way i do it is i choose vbr linear pcm audio i then go to upload my video file amnd choose non interlace and film movie at ntsc format after that i have tried it with and with out noise reduction it doesnt make a difference its still staticy. in other settings i do the highest quality for the motion search presicion and rate control mode is set at 2 pass vbr. i then encode the file and when i author it with tmpge and burn it the total file for one music video is in the 200-300 mb range. Can someone please tell me what i am doing wrong or if i need a new program.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I don't know what you did, exactly. Did you start from the Wizard (suggested) or you edited the settings manually (hard way, I couldn't do that)? Did you read some of the tutorials we described in http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/ ?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  3. makaveli2

makaveli2 Member

i also tried the guide on here with dvd sant and it still comes out with a lot of static

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

static ?
    don't really get it.
    static, is it like picture noise...?
    maybe a screenshot.

i don't think an encoder would add noise like that. but maybe amplify whats already in it...

5. makaveli2

makaveli2 Member

yea like when people speak in the videos its all staticy. if it is amplifying the picture noise how can i fix this

6. shiroh

shiroh Guest

picture noise ?
    sorry about that, didn't mean picture. was thinking of something else. ;)

could you check if the encoder resample the audio frequency, its better to use the same one rather than upsample, or downsample.

you don't have to use pcm audio. its a waste. just use 192kbps mp2 or a bit higher.
    or if its surround go with ac3 or stay with it if its already is.

try headac3he. or besweet. i'm inexperienced in audio denoising.

7. makaveli2

makaveli2 Member

yes i tryed besweet and converted it to ac3 format and not the noise is gone.