1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGE won't convert audio

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by davidj, May 24, 2002.

1. davidj

davidj Member

Im converting a video file to VCD via TMPGE.
    Now for some reason only the video is being converted, there seems to be no sound!!
    There is sound when i play the video clip in Windows Player, so its not a problem with the video.Ive converted loads with TMPGE before with no problems.
    Ant ideas?
    Ive just noticed the same problem has been posted further down. Its suggested using virtual dub. Is this a seperate program or within TMPGE?
    Thanks In advance

Last edited: May 24, 2002
  2. davidj

davidj Member

Ive used vitual Dub to extract the WAV file from the video clip, but when I run TMPGE preview there is still no sound, even though ive instructed it to extract the audio from the Virtual Dub extracted file.

Its now working. Once converted i got the sound!! Wouldnt play it on the preview though.

Last edited: May 24, 2002
  3. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

man that was a funny post ....you know why you dont hear the sound when it is being converted ??? because it would be extremely anoying because it would be in slow motion and sound like ooo eee ahhhhh bl........o............o.......................d or maybe even slower , lol but it is a good thing you figured this out on your own....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2002
  4. davidj

davidj Member

The PREVIEW is played in real time, so perhaps it wasn't so stupid to presume that the sound would be too?

5. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

uhm the review? when encoding?????? ok wasn't making fun of you was funny that you found it out on your own ....