1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress and VirtualDub (Frame Server File Errors)

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Radunn, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Radunn

Radunn Member

Successfully I can use TMPGEnc 2.5 and Virtualdub's Frame Server; *.vdr for *.mpg encoding. When I try the same in TMPGEnc 3.0 Xpress I get "file type not supported...." I read the link that said to change the *.vdr to *.avi; this ddidn't work for me either.

Does anyone have a fix for this? Or is this something that has not yet been reolved for 3.0?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

It works...I just tried it But you have to go into the "Preferances" settings and Disable the "Direct show File reader".....Cheers

3. Radunn

Radunn Member

I did as you said; disabled "directshow multimedia file reader" but get this error: "File is not supported. (error code 0x80048003)." Thanks for your support.... Are there any others that need to be disabled? Listed below is my config.. Directshow was disabled, the rest are enabled.

Standard input plug-in: avi file reader, mpeg file reader, wave file reader, windows media file reader, parade images file reader, vfapi frame server file reader.

VFAPI plug-in priority order: mpeg-2 video plug-in, tmpegenc project file reader 2.521, microsoft mpeg-1 decoder, directshow multimedia file reader.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I just have them on there default settings accept with the "Direct Show File Reader" Disabled...

It works for me when Frameserveing XviD and DivX files to Tmpgenc Xpress accept I allways decompress the audio in my AVI files before frameserveing....

Have you tried to use AVISynth??
    .avs files work no problem with Tmpgenc Xpress and AVISynth has more and better filters and it is a Much faster Frameserver...I can encode to Mpeg2/DVD Frameserveing with AVISynth to CinemaCraft Encoder SP at about Double Real Time speed and at about 1.5 Real time speed when useing Noise Filters....
    It is a Bit of a Bitch to Learn but once you learn how to use it it is a Extremely valuable tool, I use it will every file I encode to Mpeg....

Cheers

5. Radunn

Radunn Member

So *.vdr works for you in tmpgenc xpress? Not here... oh well....

I've done some reading on using AVISynth but have not yet gotten far. With some tutelage I could make progress. Basically I'm encoding AVIs transferred to PC from either VHS or Camcorder. Can you help? Thanks...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]N.A.T.[/small]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well AVISynth is a Bit hard to teach in just a single post, well it is For me cuz i really wouldn"t know were to start....

It seems you know how to Frameserve with Virtual-Dub so why not just use an encoder that works well with .vdr files?? What I use is "CinemaCraft Encoder SP 2.67" ..It is Probably the Highest Quality Mpeg2 encoder on the Market and also the Fastest encoder on the Market , It encodes extremely well at Low Bitrates, I can easilly get 3 Pluss Hours of High Quality 720+480 mpeg2 Video on each DVD and even more when useing the Half D1 or SIF DVD Formats...
    It also is the only encoder that supports up to 9 Pass VBR Multipass encodeing.....

Cheers

7. Radunn

Radunn Member

Ok.. I left my email in another post; the private one i guess. Thanks, I will give CCE a shot. Can you say AVISynth is the best app?