1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress Error Message

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by vanklagg, Feb 10, 2005.

1. vanklagg

vanklagg Guest

Hello all, Very new newbie here. I have a problem. I downloaded a movie and burned it to a data DVD for a friend. When he went to use TMPGEnc to convert it to a DVD mpg, it gives him an error "Could not open the video part of the file" then it gives the location of the file "only the audio part canbe opened".

we can watch the video on the computer just fine.

What could cause this?

When i got home, i attempted to encode my copy and it worked fine. he is running 2000 pro i am running XP corp. I have a feling he had the codec to view the movie but not to encode/decode for turning into a DVD mpg.

I instaled on my PC a codec pack, thats what is making me think its a codec problem.

thanks for you time in reading this.

2. corthew

corthew Member

[[[In reply to:
    [Hello all, Very new newbie here. I have a problem. I [downloaded a movie and burned it to a data DVD for a [friend. When he went to use TMPGEnc to convert it to [a DVD mpg, it gives him an error "Could not open the [video part of the file" then it gives the location [of the file "only the audio part canbe opened".
    ]]]
    I had the same problem after installing tmpgenc. I then saw somewhere that it was because the avi was an xvid. I went here http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/ and installed the xvid codec and now tmpgenc works fine.
    In fact, the quality of the video when played in media player has greatly improved.
    Hope this helps.

3. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

this is nothing to do with the subject the other two guys have a prob with but i have the same program and my prob is the window for tmpge doesz not fit on my screen my screen is only 10 by 8 inches and most programs have the slide bars on the sides but this doesnt does anyone have any ideas ?
    thanx in advance ed-d