1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc 3.0xpress error

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by paulsy, Feb 14, 2005.

1. paulsy

paulsy Member

hiya lads..each time it try putting a d/loaded divx avi movie into TMPGEnc 3.0 xpress i get this error message
    could not open the video part of the file only the audio part can be opened.... i am able to watch the movie in my media player,do i need to put the files through a codec first and if so what is recommended.

2. paulsy

paulsy Member

DOH!!! sorry lads i discovered the files i'm trying to encode are mpeg4 ,so am i correct in assuming i will need software that will encode mpeg4..TMPGEnc3.0xpress is for mpeg1/2 any recommendations....P

3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

TMPGEnc encodes to MPEG1/2, that has nothing to do with input though. It can handle various formats other than MPEG1/2.

DivX is MPEG4, well at least DivX is an implimentation of an ISO MPEG4 ASP video codec.

You can use GSpot or similar to see what video stream the avi contains.

4. paulsy

paulsy Member

hita celtic_d..i put my files into AVIcodec and it says they are mpeg4,i'm just starting to get a bit confused..maybe i should just stick with nero.....P