1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGENC and Windows Media Player Problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by thanx, Feb 27, 2003.

1. thanx

thanx Member

OK i have a problem, i had to reinstall Windows XP.
    I have TMPGEnc-2.59.47 installed I try to cut a movie but the slider won't move so I can cut the movie.
    In windows media player when i try to play mpeg movie and try to move the slider to the right it won't move i can not move the slider in TMPGENC or Windows Media Player.
    The movie is playing fine in windows media player an TMPGENC.
    What can I do to get it solved?
    Thanx

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

unfortunately this is a problem with the avi file itself and not windows media player or TMPGEnc. What kind of avi do you have?? if its tmd or anything im not surprised but you can try get the tmd codec if it is http://www.tmdmoviez.com

If you cannot seek through the file then perhaps you dont have the proper codec installed for the avi. Get this program called gspot - http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/gspot.cfm

this will tell you exactly what codecs are needed and if you dont have them installed!

3. thanx

thanx Member

Dela Thank You for your help. I've solved the problem with Codec , I have to many codecs installed so what I did was uninstalled all the Copdecs and just installed XVID,DIVX, ffdshow and AVIcodec and it's playing now.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2003
  4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Good :), no one should have too many codecs installed and stay clear of all codec packs!