1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Audio Completely out of Sync

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by bikekid8, Mar 20, 2003.

1. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

ok, i have been trying to make a Divx DVD Rip that i got off of kazaa into a MPg for a vcd. the movie is Ice AGe ( completely legal becuase i own it on DVD, i am trying to make a backup!!) ok, here is what i have:
    newest TMPGEnc
    VirtualDub
    Nero

what i did first was rip the audio from the movie with virtual dub because i heard it works better, then what i did was in tmpgenc i made it into a mpg. but the audio is messed up in the middle of the movie, it works ok at the beginnig but is scrwed up in the middle, then i tryed downloading Lame and TooLame plugins for tmpgenc and that wouldnt work either!! can somebody just tell me exactly what i have to do because i have been trying to do this for about 2 months and i just cannot get it to work!! really starting to make me mad!! LOL

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Decompress the audio then run it through TMPGEnc.

Do the following

1. Open the avi in VirtualDUB.
    2. Click Video - Direct Stream Copy.
    3. Click Audio - Full Processing Mode.
    4. Click Audio - Compression, select No Compression PCM and click OK.
    5. Click file - save avi.

The avi you save will be larger than the original avi but TMPGEnc should be able to support it better now! ;-)

3. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

ok, i did that but when i encode it to mpg with tmpgenc it still doesnt work!! it gets messed up artound 15 minutes into it and the sound doesnt match!!

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ok, must be an error with the video stream! try and get your hands on divfix or avifixed! I believe you can get them at divx-digest!