1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc audio output problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by MrRod, Aug 20, 2004.

1. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

I'm back tracking my steps as to why my dvd's have no sound after i've ran an avi file through TMPGEnc PLUS then TMPGEnc DVD AUTHOR and finaly through NERO BURNING ROM, I've found that when TMPGEnc PLUS has converted the avi to individual output streams(m2v+mp2) i'm unable to play the audio, the audio states itself as .wav file so i should be able to play the file on it's own but i get blank!....no sound.

Does someone know what i'm soing wrong here?...i've tried all different settings and still the same....i'm running xp home.

2. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Yeah i have had the same problems with sound. If you are trying to convert a divx movie then you wont get any sound with TMPGEnc since divx is audio layer-3 and it is not supported with TMPGEnc.

3. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

Ah yes, absolutly right there my friend, just sent the file through AVIcodec and sure enough it's divx....bummer!!!!

Any other way to convert this file so i can get it on dvd?

4. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

You can try using Cucosoft AVI to DVD. That is supposed to be able to convert divx files. I haven't tried it though.

5. nist

nist Member

Well, DivX files works for me. The divx codec is a video codec and not audio codec (if audio is mp3 its a compressed mpeg1-layer3). The problem is probably that the audio is encoded as AC3.
    Try virtualdub on the avi file and decompress the audio (to uncompressed wav) and then run the new avi in tmpgenc to convert it to m2v and mp2. Should work, works for me. Please see other places in the forum for how to use virtualdub.

6. GIJohn

GIJohn Member

I had the same problem myself. Try going into options -> enviromental setting -> vfapi tab. There you should see a list with a bunch of file readers/ decoders and their priority on the right. Find the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader and then right click it and set the priority up to 2 or whatever until it is at the top.

If you have virtual dub, it helps to do this as well: Go to the video tab and select Direct Stream Copy. Then go to the audio tab and select Full Processing Mode. Then go to audio tab again select Compression... After that make sure No Compression is highlighted.

Hope this helps