1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGenc Author problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by wooduck, May 6, 2004.

1. wooduck

wooduck Member

Hi
    I have a color problem when using TPMGenc Author.
    It's probably me not TPMG but I can't seem to be able to fix it.

I can convert from AVI to Mpg the result is great.
    Play the mpg file and it's good. Perfect color.

The problem starts when / after I have have used TMPGenc author. The resultant files play with a Blue and yellow tinge.

If I then go ahead and burn it it burns with the blue/yellow effect.

I have read somewhere (can't find it now) that if this happens, to try changing the output interval to 1 (I think this is what it said, and when I tried it it worked. (well at least something worked!)

I haven't changed anything since then but it ain't working anymore and the results are disappointing

Anyone help please.
    Thanks
    Wooduck

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Tmpgenc DVD Author does absolutly nothing to the Video that would change how it looks cuz it does not have a Built in encoder and to change the file it would need to be re-rendered...Are you sure the File looks OK after you encode it to Mpeg???
    Have you tried a different DVD authoring Program?? something like DVD-Lab is a superior program and i have never had a problem with it and if that doesn"t help i would use a different encoder....good luck

3. wooduck

wooduck Member

Hi Minion
    Thanks for that, yes playing the mpg file after avi/mpg conversion, it's beautiful. Hardly any loss of anything. After using tpmgenc author i end up the blue/yellow tinge.

I did find the article I read about the problem, it was on a different site (videohelp) and I have attahed acopy below. I hope I haven't broken any rules doing this.
    I tried it before and it worked, but as I say, I haven't changed anything and it doesnt work any more.
    I havent tried it sincwe finding this article again.
    If not I will try the author you suggested.
    I will post how it goes.

Problems and Tips:
    Some common TMPGEnc problems:

If you get an error message when opening like file unsupported or can not open or is not supported
    or you get an empty(black) video preview window
    or the video [bold}look wierd in the video preview window like green or purple or pink[bold]
    Try first to change the directshow codec reader priority settings in TMPGEnc under Option->Environmental settings->VFAPI plug-in and right click on the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader and increase the priority to 2 or to the top of the plugin-list and try reopen the video.
    If that does not help be sure that you have installed DivX or XviD or MPG2 or DV Codecs, read here how to identify what codecs you need.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

That Information you Posted was about Tmpgenc the encoder not Tmpgenc DVD author, but that info does pertain to what I thought the problem might be But you say that after encodeing with Tmpgenc there is No color Change so that can not be the Problem.....
    Well I don"t know what the problem is because I can not see the Problem being Tmpgenc DVD author because it doesn"t have the Capibility of doing anything to the Video I can only see it happening when you encode the file to Mpeg with Tmpgenc like the Info you posted..I guess you can try a Different DVD authoring program ....good luck

5. wooduck

wooduck Member

Hi
    Sorry, I seem to have my mpeg's crossed, but it still gets back to the fact that the Tmpegenc mpg file plays great, but after using author its gone bad.

Thanks, I will have to try a different author, not encoder, and just see if it makes a differnce. It will turn out to be my fault I have no doubts about that.
    I do appreciate your help, and thanks again
    Wooduck

6. gairs

gairs Member

I have a similar problem with DVD Author. The MPEG video is perfect before authoring, but once converted to VOB files it is far too bright.