1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc can not open or unsupported!!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by lindseya, Feb 6, 2004.

1. lindseya

lindseya Member

new user to TMPGEnc but at the first stage when im going into video souree and chosing my avi i get an error message saying TMPGEnc can not open or unsupported, ive tried all the avi's ive downloaded with no success any thoughts ??

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well First make sure you have the Correct Codecs installed, and then run Tmpgenc and go to "options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raise the Priority of the "Direct show File Reader" to "2"...The Files should now Load But if these are files downloaded off the net then chances are after encodeing you will Not have any audio because Tmpgenc doesn"t Like Compressed Audio so the audio will have to be Decompressed before you encode the avi File...
    You can use a Program called "Virtual Dub" to decompress the audio or what is easier is to use a Simple Tool called "Decompress.exe" which will Turn your AVI with Compressed audio to an AVI with Uncompressed audio, if you want this tool you can PM Me with your E-mail address and I will send it to you...Cheers