1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Common Problems!

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by Dela, Jun 29, 2003.

1. esophagus

esophagus Guest

i wanna add that when i downloaded tmpgenc i extracted the file into a folder and then used and i zipped it so that it fits into my diskette since i dont have an internet connection, does that somehow corrupt the file that's why the audio source is unsupported?

2. totalguy

totalguy Member

download the latest version of tmpgenc and put the .vfp file into your tmpgenc folder and replace the one thats there works every time for me

totalguy

3. esophagus

esophagus Guest

ok totalguy, i will download again. but i'll extract it to a folder since it's 1.65mb and wont fit into a diskette and i'll zip the folder, that'll turn it into 1.30mb and hope that doesnt affect the software. i'll let u know what happens after that. thanks.

4. totalguy

totalguy Member

did you know you can use winrar to make multiple rar files so if it dosent fit u can choose to compress the folder by right clicking in the options choose destination as floppy drive and soon as its filled the disk up with the floppy full it will ask for another floppy then when your done extract them in sequence, soon as its done the first it wil lask you for the second.

i used to use this method to transfer mp3's of 3-5mb a few years ago when i couldnt aford a cd writer lol

Totalguy

5. esophagus

esophagus Guest

i did what u told me but still it wuldnt work. anyway, i used another hard disk to download some software and i downloaded tmpgenc again and when i unzip it, it was corrupted. maybe this is the reason why tmpgenc wasnt doing it's thing coz maybe the software that i downloaded before was corrupted, but i doubt it. anyway, since i'm using a hard disk, i'll download all the software and start again form zero. if i'm still having troubles, i'll let u know. hey, can u teach me how to use that feature of winrar? thanks

6. totalguy

totalguy Member

its quite easy uselect the files u want right click on them and choose add to archive choose the destination and off u go it wil lfill a floppy then ask for another and another untill the file is done

7. Seither

Seither Member

Hey im new to the whole encoding scene an thanks to you guys ive picked it up quite easily so cheers fellas keep up the good work...

8. totalguy

totalguy Member

not a problem at all, atleast you read these forums unlike some people i know would rather annoy me with the same questions over and over lol

Totalguy

9. crazydope

crazydope Member

Sweet...god bless the mods and whoever else has put up tutorials on this site..I ask myself where the heck would I be without it...

10. Paljas

Paljas Member

I had the ntdll problem as well in 2.59.47.155. Setting that priority thingy did the trick! Good stuff Dela, your work is well appreciated.

One note: I had to clear all fields by File -> New Project. Before that I got all kinds of errors still.

Thanks, keep it up (wo)man.

11. maddogg

maddogg Member

here is my problem. tmpeg says the file is not mpeg. i start with a rar file, extract the bin and cue, use vcd gear to get the mpeg file. try to load in virtual dub but says no video frames in file. play movie on cpu, load to cd and watch on dvd player so i know it has video frames. tmpgenc says file not supported(have all codecs) or not mpeg formatt. help please. thanks

12. maddogg

maddogg Member

i forgot to say that when i use tmpg to join the two fils together it will open the one file but when i start with 1.6 gb i end up with 385 mb. i take two files that equal 1.6 gb and use tmpeg to join the files and theend result is 385 mb. how can that be and why? thanks

13. Seither

Seither Member

Alrite so far you guys have been able to fix all the probs ive encounted just by reading the forum but i have one more.. wen watching the movie ive encoded on a dvd player the sound skips like every 10 minutes is there anyway to fix this ?? Any help would be appreciated cheers..

14. Paljas

Paljas Member

I also encountered on particular avi that will cause Tmpgenc to bail out completely, leaving a zero-byte file.

15. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Hey guys I'm back now, I dunno how long its been since I was gone but if you got any questions feel free to post them from now :) I need to add a few more problems and answers to them to the thread anyways :)

16. Cube11

Cube11 Member

Hi, I've been using TMPEGEnc for a few months now, but today, it gave me an error that I can't seem to fix:

Read error occurred at address BFF6A285 of module 'KERNEL32.DLL' with 0092FF64

This error message pops up when I start the program. The program loads but I can't use any of its functions and I have to close it or else my computer freezes up. At first, I just couldn't get a conversion to work (it would freeze up my computer), so after deleting the folder and reinstalling TMPEGEnc (I have the free trial, so there's no true install/uninstall) and then trying to "Restore" my computer (which for some reason, the restore comes back unsuccessful each time I try - it's always worked in the past though), I finally got the error message and I think there's a big software glitch somewhere.

I have converted many AVI files in the past, but never has TMPEGEnc run into problems like this where it can't even start and my computer freezes up. I think the problem is more than just TMPEGEnc... Any ideas? Please help! Thanks!

Last edited: May 6, 2004
  17. maddogg

maddogg Member

if the audio cuts up in a movie(as it has with me) i found two things, yaap and tmpegnc. as for the yaap, i could not get it to work, but it has the ability to correct the audio and put it in sync with the video(yet another avi program is the name. as for tmpeng, i found that if i use the VBR when encoding a video the movie came out corrected.

18. Paljas

Paljas Member

My problem was solved as soon as I demuxed the video from the AVI, using VirtualDub, and then scan and fix for errors.

As for your problem Cube11, I'm not sure if you're referring to Windows XP's restore option, but I find it to be very unreliable. As soon as you have tried and used it, I think you should do a clean install of WinXP.

19. RahXephon

RahXephon Guest

Here's my issue, and quite a frustrating one at that -- ANY help would be tremendously appreciated -- this is an actual TMPGEnc issue, so be patient and I'll get to that - just want you to know the "whole" picture.

I have some OGM files I want to convert to DVD - I'd like to get at least five (5) 23 minute shows on DVD-R. These are OGM Xvid/DivX files with OGG audio.

I used VirtualDubMod to demux/extract the audio, then used Roxio Sound Editor to save the resultant OGG audio as an mp3 file (because "Direct Stream Copy" does not recognize/interleave OGG when converting to AVI) - then used VirtualDubMod to "Add" my mp3 file to the stream list, and converted the OGM to AVI. The result is a really excellent quality AVI that's in perfect audio sync when played on any PC player.

Now the problem: when using TMPGEnc to convert to a DVD compatible MPEG using this guide: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm -- the resultant MPEG file is a great looking one, but the audio is completely out of sync. I don't get it, when the file went "in" to be converted, it was in sync - should it not come "out" the same way?

I thought your answer to #8 might help, but I'm using VirtualDub"Mod" - there's no "Audio" selection like there is a "Video" selection. And as far as I know you *have* to extract the OGG and convert before creating the AVI file. Again, any help would go a long way to saving my sanity!

20. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Cube11, completely delete tmpgenc, remove all records of it from the computer. This is what i think has happened, U managed to get a corrupt AVI file, loaded it into TMPGEnc and TMPGEnc freaked out and gave the error. Now when you loaded TMPGEnc from then on, as tmpgenc does, it automatically tries to load in the previously loaded file by default, so try that and let me know how u get on! Also where are you getting your files from???

maddogg, i cudnt realy figure out if u were asking a question or giving a solution :) im tired lol

RahXephon, Do you use your c0omputer during encoding + have u set up SSRC and tooLame with TMPGEnc for the audio?