1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Common Problems!

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by Dela, Jun 29, 2003.

1. maddogg

maddogg Member

i tried virtualdub. where can i find page 1? everytime i use dub,the file comes out like 50gb. iknow i need to slow the audio but i can/t save the file because of size. HELP

2. gregmac

gregmac Member

This is usually caused by the compression on the audio of the source file. If it is an AVI file it is very common. With an AVI file the easiest things to do here are set DirectShow Multimedia File Reader's priority to 2 or even better demcompress the audio!

To change the priority of DirectShow, this is dont simply by clicking option - environmental setting. Click the VFAPI plug-in tab. You will see DirectShow in the list usually with a priority of -1. Right click on the NAME (not the priority) and click higher priority until the priority is 2 and it is at the top of the list. To decompress the audio for better results, do the following with VirtualDUB...

1. Click Video - Direct Stream Copy.
    2. Click Audio - Full Processing Mode.
    3. Click Audio - Compression. Select <No compression (PCM)> and click ok!
    4. Click File - Save AVI and try it with TMPGEnc.

there is the guide it is on page 1 on the fourms if you have any other problems.

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

SSRC is a frequency converter and toLame is an mp2 encoder, u can download both from this website + look at the dvd to vcd guide to see how to setup both on TMPGEnc! Basically they encode the audio and its a lot better quality and performance then TMPGEnc's built in encoder!

4. maddogg

maddogg Member

DELA, i could not find the ssrc or the toolame. i will look at dvd help and see if they have it. thanks

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member

You didn't find them? I went to software and clicked on Search Software and then searched for ssrc and toolame. They were easy to find.

6. maddogg

maddogg Member

doesn't matter, i found them at the other site. have a question that has nothing to do with tmpg, will nero burn a movie encoded by dr. divx? thanks for all the help.

7. gregmac

gregmac Member

Hey is anyone have probs converting xvid i use virtualdub it works fine then when i convert it with tmpgenc its laggy any idea's guys.

8. Dela

maddogg, thats DivX not VCD/SVCD so it wouldnt play on a non DivX stand alone player. You could burn it however as data since it will be an AVI file :)

gregmac, vcd or svcd encoding? also what Operating system are you using? and do u run a lot of programs at once?

9. gregmac

gregmac Member

Tryint o convert to mpeg so i convert it to vob and i have xp pro and i useal dont run alot of programs at once.

10. Dela

Well here's an idea for you with TMPGEnc.

Make sure its the only program runniong and with the keyboard hit CTRL ALT and DELETE. Then click Processes, look for TMPGEnc.exe and right click it, change its priority to High (you can change it to realtime if you want but i have had problems with that before).

11. gregmac

gregmac Member

Sounds crazy man but ill do even tho iv converted onther movies fine but they were in divx so k ill try that hopefully it works =]

12. gregmac

gregmac Member

Well looks like im out of luck like i said i dont get it the movie is dickie roberts former child star.xvid so if anyone has any ideas holla at me

13. Dela

So if you've done other movies before, it must be the source file's problem right? Well are you sure the source file has no errors or anything?

14. maddogg

maddogg Member

the only question i have now is, tmpeg is trouble and so is nero(sometimes). is there anything else out there that can be used to encode the movies and burn them or is this as good as it gets? thanks

15. maddogg

maddogg Member

i tried to use virtualdub to correct the movie problem(the audio and video are not in sync in the last 5 to 10 minutes of the movie) i open dub,i open file, i go to video and select direct stream copy, i go to audio and select full processing mode, i go back to audio and select no compression mode, i then select save as avi and dub says it can't open the movie because it can't be run in no compression. i have all the codecs because gspot says so. what else can i do?

16. Caligari9

Caligari9 Member

Hi all,

Just noticed an issue with XPress 3. A DivX file was thought to be 3 times longer than it was.
    Used the editor and just scrolled through frames to the real end and set the end frame. Somehow XPress thought the final frame should last for two hours...

17. maddogg

maddogg Member

i notice that tmpeg has something called constant quailty. when i try to use it the output movie is to large for a 4.7gb disc. does anyone know anything about the constant quailty and maybe how to use it and fit a movie on one dvd-r disc? thanks

18. gregmac

gregmac Member

Hey whats up guys for some reason at the end of the movies the audio is messed up at like the finally 5 mins anyone got any ideas.....any does anyone know of any other good programs to convert avi to vob because tmpeg is really not working well for me.

19. LeeJunFan

LeeJunFan Guest

hi, the problem I am having is this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    10. TMPGEnc seriously over-estimates file length!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, if your problem is that you loaded a 90 minute file (just an example) and TMPGEnc said it was 142 minutes long or something, then this is what to do.

Click setting and click the advanced tab. Select Source Range from the list and if it doesnt pop up, double click source range. Click "move to start frame" and click "set start frame" then click "move to end frame" and click "set end frame". Then click OK and try again!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

after I go into "source range" and click "move to start frame", "set start frame", "move to end frame" and "set end frame" I then click OK and an error message comes up... "invalid pointer operation", I can click and continue and then when it got to about 60% of completing the error message "invalid pointer operation" came up again but this time stopped it at 60% (took me about 14hrs to get that far, :( )
    Help would be much appreciated!!!

20. Coiote

Coiote Member

I learned a lot reading this topic but I'm still getting error messages while encoding with TmpgEnc:

-Write error occurred at adress 000DBDAE of module TMPGEnc.exe with FFFFFFF

-At adress 005FF97D write error occurred against adress 00000000

I tried all the suggestions of this topic and the erros above still ocurr; so I can't make more then 8 minutes of mpeg files. That's what I did:
    1.Change the priority of DirectShow Multimedia File reader to 2
    2.Defragment the HD (it got better but not fixed)
    3.Save the video (VirtualDub) changing to Direct Stream Copy before encoding
    4.Free the cpu memory while encoding
    5.Add more memory (from 128 Mb to 384 Mb)

What do I have to do now? Change to a new computer?
    Today it is a Duron 1.3, video onboard in a M810LMR main board with 384 Mb RAM and 80 Gb 7200 rpm Hd.