1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Common Problems!

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by Dela, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Matt_M

Matt_M Member

i have raised the priority of DirectShow Multimedia File Reader and this didn't work what else can i do?

can someone help me

thanks

2. johnmclan

johnmclan Member

here's my problem...in the prog it says that its around 4 gigs ....i can use all the fuctions properly..edit the frames, make menus, etc. etc.
    once i get to output..the problem begins.. it'll output to a 100%...but the the files it outputted are only 1.1 gig..and when i test the film by watching it ..its obviously incomplete. so yeah im confused...it says it finished outputting..tried numerous times. any ideas?

3. johnmclan

johnmclan Member

the problem above is with tmpgenc dvd author..i tried using the newest 2.6 version...same problem.

4. AVIHELL

AVIHELL Member

Riddle me this, then kids.

TMPGEnc......the Avi film encodes for a few hours and crashes the XP pro. It`s an "off at the wall job".

I`ve noticed the my CPU is at 100% all the time the program is being run. Is that the problem?, my computer just isn`t man enough for the job.

600mb ram
    1.7 GHZ athlon.
    30GB H/D.

Someone give us an hint before i take the hammer out of its box and sort it once and for all.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

AVIHELL, maybe a problem ye, if the computer completely switches off you might have hardware problems, overheating maybe!

Matt_M, for what reason did you raise the priority?

jason2004, Its a pretty cool proggy for Avi Files, click Software there and make a search for it! (software linki at top of the page!)

GIJohn, what is the source audio?

yoclick, god ye TMPGEnc can do that, tell me, are there any changes in file length between the original file and the new file?

6. Matt_M

Matt_M Member

dela i raised it because i have an error that says Read error occured at address xxxxxxxxxxx and it didn't work

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  7. Dela

that sucks :S does it do it at a point in the mvoie file, or straight away?

8. Matt_M

Matt_M Member

it does it straight away

9. Dela

Possibilites are codec problems, or an unsupported audio stream! You can try decompress the audio and see if that makes a difference?

10. Matt_M

Matt_M Member

how do i do that

11. Dela

Open in VirtualDUB.

1. Click Video - Direct Stream Copy.
    2. Click Audio - Full Processing Mode.
    3. Click Audio - Compression. Select <No compression (PCM)> and click ok!
    4. Click File - Save AVI and try it with TMPGEnc.

12. Matt_M

Matt_M Member

ok cheers

13. Matt_M

Matt_M Member

i will have to try it

14. AVIHELL

AVIHELL Member

Cheers Dela.

I checked the temp of the CPU after the latest debacle and it was 76 degrees. So i`m off for the garden hose to cool things down.
    I`ve started doing short encoding sessions and use the stop option for a temporary pause. So far, so good. More RAM?

15. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

I have a problem with TMPGEnc, when it has converted an avi file to MPEG-2 and i play that file, i get no sound, although the avi file is fine!...any adeas as to why this is ?

16. Jaydoggg

Jaydoggg Guest

NEW PROBLEM: Here is my Tmpgenc Nightmare for the day..
    Running version 2.512.52.161 I just reformatted/reinstalled winxp recently. I never had this problem prior to reinstall of xp. Problem is when I try to merge 2 mpegs together the program just stalls to the point that I have to do a ctrl>alt>del to end process. It will let me load the files but If i click edit to make sure of the start/end points thats when it stalls. This is for mpeg1 and mpeg2 streams. I have no clue why this is doing this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

17. killertro

killertro Member

hi I am getting a problem with tmpge xpress and most other tmpges as well whenever i reach the encoding it lasts for about 20mins then either the computer hangs and freezes or else it restarts the machine i have all the codecs and it worked fine on my other machine but on my new computer it crashes every time!
    i now have a p4 3.7ghz with 2048 mb of ram
    this has me stumped as i have used tmpge for ages without a problem any ideas anyone
    thanks

18. Wrahkx

Wrahkx Member

Hello, I'm having a problem similar to some in this thread, however it seems mine is more prevalent. TMPGEnc does not seem to work with ANY of my files (tested quite a few, from XVID to MPEG1 files), even though it will preview them. I've followed the advice in this thread regarding priority levels, using VDub, etc, but I still cannot understand why TMPGEnc will not process my files. Everything is fine, up until the point I select "Start" when I begin the re-encode process, which is when I get an address error (read error occured at address XXX of module 'TMPGEnc.exe'). I beleive I have had this problem before, but a uninstall and fresh reinstall usually took care of the problem. Not so this time....

I've used this program quite a bit, and I can't figure it out....from what I know, it's not computer speed, HD space, or codecs (reinstalled em all). Even more puzzling is that the files all work beautifully in WMP....

Any advice? I'm guessing I've got a corrupted file or config somewhere that the uninstall isn't getting rid of, but who knows. Thanks in advance for your help...

19. AVIHELL

AVIHELL Member

killertro.........that just what happens to my heap of a computer. Very frustrating and i still am stumped by it.

I think these TMPGE encoders are bobins(shit). Glad i didn`t pay for the software.

If i do manage to get to the bottom of it i`ll let you know the answer.

20. killertro

killertro Member

avihell i think i sorted it :
    it seemed my putter was overheating during encode
    i have a desk with doors i left them open last night and it went right through encode
    try getting a proggie called cpucool it tells u the heat of cpu etc it will let u know if it is overheating
    hope that help m8