1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Common Problems!

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by Dela, Jun 29, 2003.

1. goldenaxe

goldenaxe Guest

When converting with TMPGenc 2.521.58.169 I got an error message when getting to 99% which says "Strem read error", any ideas?

2. zhang2980

zhang2980 Member

I am experiencing the similiar problems with TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 as well. TMPGEnc randomly crashes or causes Windows 2000 crash every time I run it.

I have tried all the sugguestions posted on the net for hundreds of times over the last two weeks, but no luck. My source file is captured mini DV uncompressed avi file. So It may blank or black screens in the source. I even installed a fresh copy of OS with nothing but TMPGEnc. Based on the random nature, I suspect TMPGEnc has some uninitialized variables. I like the video quality from TMPGEnc, but its quality sucks as a commercial product.

3. goldenaxe

goldenaxe Guest

I run winXp pro sp2, and i'm only converting xvid/divx files to svcd.
    I'm converting with tmpgenc 2.5 plus for something like a year now withput any problems until a week ago it's crushed in the middle of converting (49%) with an error message saying something about an addres error in tmpgenc.exe don't no what it was so I installed the newest tmpgenc 2.5 plus and starting converting again an now like I said it's stop's in 99% saying stream read error.
    I still can watch the mpeg files bus because the converting didn't finish the file is larger then 80min disk and I can't burn them...

4. goldenaxe

goldenaxe Guest

Afcours I can convert the avi's to 700mb mpeg files and burn them but it's won't fix the problem...

5. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

i have heard that TMPGEnc doesn't run well on XP.

6. maddogg

maddogg Member

i have a new problem with tmpeg, i have the new version, 3.0 express. when i encode a movie, it comes out either in clips, or the movie is about an inch high and about 3 inches long. what the heck is going on? i never had this trouble before, it just started 2 weeks ago. thanks

7. AVIHELL

AVIHELL Member

killertro.......i will try a bit more ventilation for my heap and see if that encourages it to play..cheers

Last edited: Sep 1, 2004
  8. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

does anyone know what 'invalid sample format' and 'divided by 0' error messages mean?

9. DX5

DX5 Member

TMPGenc 2.5 cannot recognize the audio file xxxxx.ac3 produced by DVD2avi, as a result the encoded file has no sound. I would highly appreciate for your help. Thanks.

10. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

do you have ac3 codex installed?

11. DX5

DX5 Member

Yes, I did. None of the sound conversion work for me! .... Ha ha! HeadAC3he works for convert the audio ac3 to mp2/wav
    http://www3.telus.net/dvd/mpeg/svcd/headac3he

Oh my god! TMPGenc encoding process should take half a day!

12. Dave-909

Dave-909 Guest

Help !!!
    Hi there, Tmpgenc DVD Author 1.6 will not show up the AC-3 Plugin....

In environmental settings.... Under where it says Dolby Digital (AC-3) Encoder Settings.
    Its saying "Cannot find the Dolby Digital (AC-3) Encoder"

I dont why it has not recognised the ac3 plugin. Please all help is appreciated :)

SEE SCREENSHOT BELOW FOR A VISUAL EXPLANATION

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/NinJa-909/ScreenShot.jpg

13. Moredhel

Moredhel Member

hey guys,
    I have a rather desperate problem
    I can't add avi's to a project
    I have read about raising the priority
    however as soon as I open the preferences window
    it says "Failed to initialise the VFAPI Frame Server."
    And I don't have the option of VFAPI in plugin settings
    I've tried running the Frame Server.exe manually but it doesn't do anything

14. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

15. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

16. kobesh

kobesh Member

Hi,
    i have the same problem with TmpgEnc. the error is about ntdll.dll.
    Can you pleaese kindly explain how to solve it in details?
    thanx,
    Kobesh

17. NJJackals

NJJackals Member

I followed the instructions exactly on how to convert AVI to DVD but TMPEnc will not allow me to adjust bit rate in order for it to fit on one DVD. I adjust bitrate all the way down to 2000 and it won't go any lower. Still at 101% of disk size. 2000 seems VERY low to me. I used Nero Express instead and it allows me to get it on one disc no problem with bitrate greater than 5000. However, the audio is terribly out of sync. Any ideas how I can correct the issue with TMPEnc? I hear the quality is superior to Nero in every way but if I get the audio syn problem fixed and still no luck with TMPEnc, I will go Nero all the way.

-NJJ

18. R-PhoeniX

R-PhoeniX Member

Hey,

Got a problem here, appreciate all the help I can get.

When I want to merge and cut, I select MPEG-2 SVCD and my MPEG-2 file, then I click Edit and get:

"Could not open this file with DirectShow. (0x80040111)

Detail: <<Weird signs>>"

Please help me!

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to say I change the priority and have all necessary codecs installed (I think) but neither helped.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2004
  19. NJJackals

NJJackals Member

I figured it out. Should have read the entire thread before posting. It was common problem #10.

-NJJ

20. chooken

chooken Member

i'm been having problems with tmpgenc since i installed FFDSHOW. everytime i start encoding something tmpgenc disconnects me from the internet. once its finished encoding there's no sound. i didn't have these problems before.

before i installed FFDSHOW the codecs i had already installed were Mpeg-2, WM9codecs, Divx and XVID. everything was fine when i used tmpgenc but problem was i realised that the XVID codec i had installed would cause my windows to crash everytime i would click on an avi file (but other than that the video file would be encoded perfectly), so i unistalled the codec. so after i unistalled the XVID codec, i installed FFDSHOW, because when i would try to encode an avi file there would only be sound, there would be no image.

so basically i was hoping that someone would be able to help me with my problem. does anyone know why tmpgenc disconnects me from the internet and why there is no sound once encoding is finished (i've changed the directshow priority to 2)? can anyone recommend me a codec package which hopefully won't crash my windows? does anyone know if i need to delete any of the codecs i have installed?

thanks. i'll appreciate any help.