1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by goman007, Dec 4, 2004.

1. goman007

goman007 Regular member

is there anyone out there that can explaine to me step by step on how to reauthor a dvd with this program. if not and you know of a website that explains please list address. the help in the program dosent help me too much at all.

2. stardust

stardust Regular member

3. goman007

goman007 Regular member

thanks stardust,
    since i posted i found a website and it explained a little bit more to me, i havent checked out you site yet but thank you. from what i see i can download movies that i shrank with dvd shrink, but the sound isnt there and it said you would have to download another device to match sound with pic. i hope you're site says different. if not explaine what you do if you dont mind? if so ?, thanks for the link anyway.

4. goman007

goman007 Regular member

do you have to convert everything into mpeg1 or mpeg2 for DVD Author to reconize the movie or sound? if so what program do you use? i had been using dvd shrink, i tried dvd dycriptor 1x and i couldnt get it to work at all. with shrink it reconized the movie but not the sound. any tips will be very appreciated.

5. stardust

stardust Regular member

I didn't quite understand what you explained, but if you shrink dvds then you don't need a TDA for the job, because DVD Shrink produces files to VIDEO_TS folder in your directory ready for burning. Sure, I authorize only DVD compliant mpeg-2 files with TDA.

6. goman007

goman007 Regular member

TDA ?
    What does that mean? as you can tell i'm a newb at this. yes i use shrink and it loads the movie fine but it has no sound. i used rejig and didnt really know how to put the sound with the movie have any ideas? and what about the mpeg1 or mpeg2 how do i transfer it over to that foremat. i have nero,and the reason i want to use dvd author is how you can add different looks to the titles of your movies. ive seen 1 that someone did with sharktales off of the theater but i want to try to do the same thing with my movies. help me anyway you can still havent got it going yet.

7. goman007

goman007 Regular member

also , please tell me how to get sound with movie!

8. goman007

goman007 Regular member

stardust,
    help me please.
    or anyone else that may have info.