1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 - Burning to DVD disc

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by gohan2091, Jan 20, 2008.

1. gohan2091

gohan2091 Member

Hi, I have around 50 AVI video files (which last 45 minutes each and 350mb in size) and I want to create my own collection of DVD discs so I can play them on my stand alone DVD player/TV. I can simply use WinAVI to do this but the thing is... I want a nice, fully customized menu made for each disc.

I have "TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 with DivX Authoring" which I can make lovely menus in. I can add background pictures, enable background music, write text and all sorts of things which is really nice. So I select PAL DVD under the output source but it only lets me add 2 AVI files on a 4GB disc. This is confusing because 2 45 minute files should not take up a whole 4GB DVD, and they are only 350MB in size each. So I have to select DivX Ultra PAL in which I can add up to 7 AVI files on a 4GB disc.

I create my menu perfectly how I want it, I then leave the program to encode the files (with the menu) for a couple of hours. It saves everything as 1 .divx file but I am not sure what to do with it. I've searched on Google for help and somewhere said you can burn divx files using Nero Burning ROM using the data mode. Since the .divx file is over 2GB, I had to use the UDF format. So I burn the .divx to my DVD disc but none of my stand alone DVD players (I have 3) can read the disc. My computer can but that's no good.

So my question is, what can I do?

2. gohan2091

gohan2091 Member

Nevermind now, I found the answer to my problem on another thread.