1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 disc writing error

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dantizzle, Sep 17, 2007.

1. dantizzle

dantizzle Member

I cannot use the Disc Writing Tool part of TMPGEnc DVD Author 3. It says "Could not find a usable media writer drive. You cannot use the media writing function." I can burn dvds fine on other programs. Why is this not working? My DVD drive software is up to date.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Check your manufacturers website for firmware updates for you burner...also what brand discs are you using?

3. dantizzle

dantizzle Member

My Philips DVD Drive is up to date with software. I am using TDK DVDs.

4. LOCOENG

TDK are usually considered to be less than desirable media...I suggest some Verbatims, they are on sale this week at OfficeMax.

5. dantizzle

dantizzle Member

ok thanks for the recommendation. Then it is not my DVD drive it is the DVD itself?

6. LOCOENG

If your firmware is up to date and there is no log to look at for other possibilities the next logical choice would be to try different media. There are many things that it could be though. Typically errors involving media or drives concern your burners ability to recognize your media (usually with firmware updates) or using cheap, unrecognized or incompatible media brands.

7. dantizzle

dantizzle Member

I tried different media yet still no luck. It has to be something with my Drive because it says it cannot find a "media writer"

8. LOCOENG

What is the new brand you tried?

9. dantizzle

dantizzle Member

memorex. I don't believe it is the CD though because why would I be able to burn with the CD in other software?

10. JohnRid

JohnRid Member

I'm having exactly the same problems with it not recognising my dvd rewriter. It happened a while back but I managed to sort it out, but it was only by luck as I have no idea how I did it. It is I believe an anomoly between XP, TMPGEnc and the dvdrw which makes it unrecognisable. If I remember rightly I just installed and uninstalled and reinstalled the dvdrw until it fianlly recognised it. But the damn thing is playing up again!!

11. ozrattler

ozrattler Member

Boo!

I have the same drama with my install of TMPG A3. The writing tool won't launch as it thinks there is no drive installed YET, Nero and other applications find it dead-easy.

I had already updated the firmware etc, prior to searching and getting to this thread.

Naturally, any assistance would be handy!

Thanks