1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGenc Dvd Author Crashes

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Chaos2004, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Chaos2004

Chaos2004 Member

This hasnt always happend but started last few months,

During encoding no Certain point just random really, but my pc totally crashes, i need to hit the restart button on my pc, and boot back up, normally it encodes fine after that, ive tried loads of diffrent version to try and find the problem and cant can you plz help

thx

Chaos aka Andrew

2. yellowgum

yellowgum Member

just thought that I'd let you know that you are not alone... I too have this problem... for me the issue is when I try and add an image in the menu that I create for the DVD I am authoring. DVD Author will let me browse for the image file I want to include, but then hangs when I click the 'OPEN' button.

seems like my problems started when I added SATA drives to my PC, but removing them does not make a difference.

have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the DVD Author software ?

BTW... if anyone else has had probs with DVD Author freezing their PC, yell out !!! If we can share our experiences, then we may come up with a solution :eek:)

3. Chaos2004

Chaos2004 Member

Well i just added my Sata 2 but it cant be that becasue it started happening a few weeks before i installed them, just find it weird that at one time it worked perfect and now it dont.

4. yellowgum

yellowgum Member

to a certain extent, I seem to be back in business...

if I only specify jpg files to include as the background image for the menu, DVD Author seems to respond normally... however I have lost the ability to include bmp files...

has anything else changed in your system in the last couple of months Chaos ? Have you tried standard diagnostics - such as defraging and scandisk your hard drives ? Also, do any other programs perform strangely ? Perhaps if you could be more specific about the times that your PC locks up - eg. when compiling the DVD, or when editing the movie files you choose to include, etc...

if you are using Windows 2000/XP - do you notice anything recorded in the error logs (Event Viewer) ? this may offer some clues as to what is failing and why ...

BTW - I too have tried various versions of DVD Author in an attempt to correct the problem... seems like once there is a problem with this software, it is very difficult to fix. This is unfortunate as it is the best software (out of the hundreds I have tried) for DVD Authoring. Nothing else comes close for the ease and simplicity of use.

5. yellowgum

yellowgum Member