1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGenc DVD Author - free download do the same as paid version?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by dozerdog, Oct 10, 2004.

1. dozerdog

dozerdog Guest

I have read all the forums and downloaded TMPGEnc DVD Author trial to convert VRO files (home movies) to mpg or vob to put in my computer and burn back to dvd-r. However, I find that the downloaded trial version will not recognise the vro file. Can anyone tell me if the paid version will do this? Obviously I am loathe to pay and find it still won't do it, and Pegasys home site does not have anywhere to ask this question. I am recording on a Panasonic 55 with a Panasonic RAM disk. I would be really grateful for any help anyone could give me, as am almost ready to give up.

2. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

From what I know, the trial version should be fully functional, with a 30 day limit.

In TMPGEnc DVD Author, when importing the file, are you selecting the "Add file" button or the "Add DVD video" button?
    The "Add DVD video" button is the one you should select. If it still doesn't recognize the file, there may be a problem with the app.

3. dozerdog

dozerdog Guest

I click the "Add DVD", then go to my DVD Drive, click on the MEI-UDF, then DVD_RTAV, within which is the buf, ifo and vro file. It always says "cannot open this file, whichever file I try to add. It IS a dvd ram disk, which I gather can be problematic with computers, although the forums keep telling me it can be done. When you say problem with the app, what app would I be looking at??
    Thanks so much for your reply....I only just posted this query, so was quite excited about such a quick reply!

4. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

By app, I was referring to the application(program) TMPGEnc.

You are selecting the correct folder, but TMPGEnc isn't happy with the files, for some reason. Therefore, this could be the fault of TMPGEnc, I cannot say for sure.

These folks http://www.authoringware.com/index.htm supply a program called Integrator. I have not used it, but they state that it converts VRO files to VOB files.

5. dozerdog

dozerdog Guest

thank you very much for that information - I am going to check out that programme now and see if I can download a trial version to see if it will do the job. Much appreciated.