1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGENC DVD Author produces video, but no sound

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by frankcow, Jan 12, 2005.

1. frankcow

frankcow Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm using Tmpgenc Plus to produce m2v/wav files from divx.
    Then I bring them into DVD Author, setup the tracks, chapters, menus, and all that. Then I burn the DVD.

The video comes out perfect. There is no sound whatsoever, regardless of the DVD player I play it in.

Any ideas?

2. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

You'll notice that in TMPGenc DVD Author when you import the clip the top portion of the screen is for the VIDEO and the bottom portion of the screen is for the audio. If that line for the audio is blank you neet to browse to the folder where you placed the m2v/wav files. Select the WAV file. The encoding process will merge the two togeather to create an MPEG 2 file with video and audio.

3. frankcow

frankcow Member

I figured out the problem.

The wav files that TMPGEnc was creating with the m2v files were pure silence.

I don't know why. They were the right length and size, but silence throughout.

So I just used VirtualDub to strip out the raw WAV, and used that as the audio source in DVD creator, it worked perfectly.