1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc DVD Author

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Oswald900, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Oswald900

Oswald900 Member

I have a quick question i hope someone can answer for me.

I joined two MPEG2 files while Authoring and when watching the result the screen goes black for a second before it goes over to the second MPEG file.What settings should i be using or is there any other good programes that can join 2 files together without the black screen in between files.

Thank You

2. 3do

3do Member

Hi mate,

personaly i think TMPGEnc is expensive crap ive tryed all versions, even TMPGEnc 3.0 express to encode mpg files and it never does it properly or wont even open files, i use nero vision express 2 from the nero 6 package, regardless of what other folks may say here, i've always find it very good for encoding mpg files and joining,
    also mate the files that you want to join, is it by any chance a movies split into 2 or are they different from each other. have a look at http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showallcategory.php these guys are good, you may find a program here that suits your needs 9 times out of ten they have always helped me

3. goman007

goman007 Regular member

i have been tring to use my nero vision express but it is nothing like nero express. could you explain how to use it or put in a link? thanks. also ive been tring to use the mpeg what is it? avi or what ? i know that you said dvd author is a headache but i like how you can do your own title screen if i can ever figure it out? any help i will be thankful.

4. jrisch

jrisch Member

On the Nero website you can download a file called NeroVisionExpress_eng.pdf - this is a 107-page manual to NeroVision Express. It contains a quick start guide. If that doesn't help then repost with a bit more detail on what you're trying to do.

Have you tried the glossary here for precise definitions of MPEG? They're pretty good.

Regards, jrisch