1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc DVD with no sound

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by limitedx, Jun 9, 2007.

1. limitedx

limitedx Member

Hi all, I've been trying to convert a PAL DVD to an NTSC one thats playable on a stand-alone DVD player. I have the video_ts files from the PAL dvd and I took the audio stream from that in AC3 format. To make a long story short, I did a pulldown from 25fps to 29.97fps and then I used TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 to try and create an NTSC DVD. Put in the AC3 and M2V files in and the program gave me a new set of audio_ts and video_ts files, burned them on to a disc and tried to play it on my standalone. What? No sound? Tried it back on my PC, no sound. But the simulations and previews in TMPGEnc give me sound. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Much appreciated, thanks!

2. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  3. limitedx

limitedx Member

Tried your suggestion, worked out great. Much thanks!

But its just been bothering me that I could not for the life of me figure out why TMPGEnc was being so strange. Actually I tried encoding the same M2V file about three times and I came out with one VOB that had video and no audio, another one with no video and only audio, and one that had both. Then I realized that I had changed something called "Volume Adjustment" in clip editing because I thought the sound level was a bit low. Disabled volume adjustment, converted it one more time and I finally got audio from the VOBs.